• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springboks v Wallabies, Newlands, September 28 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Couple of things from my side.

Think the second yellow to AUS was a farce and the first was a 50:50 call bu Alberts was lucky.

Did not see the eye gouge so will wait until I do before commenting on that.

Our scrums did not look all that grwat but in some AUS were blamed of pushing before the pill was in accorsing to Nick Mallet, I was at a pub so did not pay too much attention to that myself.

Cooper and Genia did quite well (when the latter came on).

Our Boks REALLY need to sort out their discipline. Flip could well have gotten a red.

Your piggies suck.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Apologies for bad typing. Typing from phone.

Forgot to add: Very surprised by the amount of running from the Boks. it is as if they played like AUS played in Brisbane, running from own half. Luckily it worked. Don't think the Boks will always do this. Think they were really chasing those 4 tries and knew AUS were not going to be too threatening.

I am really surprised at that as I thought this was going to be a really close game.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
Accorsing to Super Sport Aus made 106 tackles and missed 16. SA made 78 and missed 14. Not so good for us.

whatty

Bob Loudon (25)
Boks play like that next weekend they won't win. Need to improve accuracy, at times just going through the motions as they had "another" game on there minds.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
After just watching game, 2 things came to mind during that test
Michael Hooper is not big or strong enough to dominate in test rugby, the Boks threw him around like a rag doll.
I thought Cooper played not too, well did a few good tackles, but by geez he needs to straighten up his running if you want outsides to have room.
Probably one other thing is the need for the Wallaby piggies to harden the f*** up, they getting bullied all over the place.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
After just watching game, 2 things came to mind during that test
Michael Hooper is not big or strong enough to dominate in test rugby, the Boks threw him around like a rag doll.
I thought Cooper played not too, well did a few good tackles, but by geez he needs to straighten up his running if you want outsides to have room.
Probably one other thing is the need for the Wallaby piggies to harden the f*** up, they getting bullied all over the place.

Yep, another young player all hyped up.
Need Pocock and smith there to show them how it done.

And leave QC (Quade Cooper) alone.....:) but he does need to attack the line, and he needs the forwards going forward. And Chris and cooper were the only players awake whe he did the cross feild kick to score the try

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Why do we get a player from AFL with no left foot kick?

I think He is only there because he is our best under the high ball rampage the Saffas do in every games. Only issue was there bombs over cooked a number of times (thank fuck) and he is not the best kicker.at one stage a saffa commentator said he should have some ability of kicking after playing in the AFL. For him only to gain bugger all distance and for the commentator recorecting him self.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Some positives in the second 40. Unfortunately the first was as shit as ever with players taking every opportunity to gift the Boks cheap possession. The basics are just rubbish.Alexander and Simmons should be the first dropped. It is time some of the forwards were rewarded for there lacklustre performances. A lot of the sheen is coming off Hooper, yes he can run but that is about it, too small.

The positives:
- AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was great on the wing. Happy for that backline to play next week minus Tomane.
- Genia has improved.
- players actually started to hit the ball with pace and get over the ad line
- the scrum improved except Alexander, the belly flop king of the world

Next week

Robinson
Moore
Slipper
Fardy
Horwill
Mowen
Hooper (wish Gill was there)
MCCalman
Genia
Cooper
CFS
Lilo
Kuridrani
AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Folau

Fainga'a, Alexander, Kepu, Timani, Dennis, White, To'omua, Betham

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I think He is only there because he is our best under the high ball rampage the Saffas do in every games. Only issue was there bombs over cooked a number of times (thank fuck) and he is not the best kicker.at one stage a saffa commentator said he should have some ability of kicking after playing in the AFL. For him only to gain bugger all distance and for the commentator recorecting him self.

He had an age to get it away on his left foot immediately before they conceded that penalty for not permitting a quick throw.
Its just another example of our lack of skill.
Absence of left foot kick should mean he's not even being considered at fullback.
The way the Argies are playing we are in big trouble next week.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'm not so sure. He clearly just dived straight on top of the tackled player, which is illegal in itself, and potentially dangerous. The fact that he made contact with his own player first is a mitigation only. I can understand a YC for that. I know that won't be a popular opinion around here.

I might have overstated my case by calling it "terrible". I think it's hard to argue he deserved the same penalty as was given for an elbow to the head. Personally, I think the ref was in over his head with regard to discipline. Otherwise fine.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
He had an age to get it away on his left foot immediately before they conceded that penalty for not permitting a quick throw.
Its just another example of our lack of skill.
Absence of left foot kick should mean he's not even being considered at fullback.
The way the Argies are playing we are in big trouble next week.

im watching the game now, and yep.... Get nervous mate

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'm watching Los Pumas who have just shunted the Black scrum 10 metres backwards.

Yep - nervous will be a state for the fatties next week unless they swallow a lot of concrete in the next day or three.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm watching Los Pumas who have just shunted the Black scrum 10 metres backwards.

Yep - nervous will be a state for the fatties next week unless they swallow a lot of concrete in the next day or three.

it was a good scrum, and way to long before the refs arm went up.... Rubbish these refs... time to change the channel I think, before i get really really nervous

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Quick question, any injury updates To'omua was hobbling like he'd been shot in the ankle/ calf the last 5 .. Even though he got back in the line..???

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
it was a good scrum, and way to long before the refs arm went up.. Rubbish these refs. time to change the channel I think, before i get really really nervous

the refs arm went up as soon as the ABs infringed (turning the scrum). Why should they be penalised for getting shunted backwards?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The lack of size in Hooper can be compensated when the 6 and 8 are in the opponents face. Fardy was OK but Mowen's play does not complement a smaller seagulling pilferer like Hooper.

We need a better balance in the loosies. If we keep Fardy, we need to revisit our 7 and 8 combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.