• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Springbokke vs Pumas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Of the guys that played in this match the following are already signed for the Argentinian super rugby team next year:

15 Joaquin Tuculet
12 Jeronimo de la Fuente
10 Juan Martin Hernandez (don't think it's official yet but the French press have reported it)
9 Tomas Cubelli
6 Pablo Matera
5 Tomas Lavanini
4 Guido Petti
3 Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro
2 Agustin Creevy (c)

17 Lucas Noguera
19 Matias Alemanno
20 Tomas Lezana
21 Martin Landajo
22 Santiago Gonzalez Iglesias

Some others probably will too as the full squad hasn't been named yet. There's also a number of other regular Pumas who have signed (but that didn't play in this match) including the likes of Nicolas Sanchez, Manuel Montero and Ramiro Herrera.

There's also talk that Cubelli is going to sign for the Brumbies..........

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Boks have some real worries in the pack. The starting front row are good but if injury strikes (JdP) or Beast the step down is significant.

Also thankfully this week the Argentines did away with the dives. Very happy to see that they are far too good a side to belittle themselves and the game with that shit.

Ayerza, Imhoff, Crevy and Hernadez for me were standouts. I also thought the Bok backrow was totally dominanted by the Pumas.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
There's also talk that Cubelli is going to sign for the Brumbies....

Well he's apparently already signed for their team, but maybe it's not set in stone. You'd think it could only happen if the UAR change their selection criteria. They've said that from 2016 they'll only be picking domestic based players for the national team, but perhaps they will extend it to players in Super Rugby.

I suppose there could be a technicality there. I.e. some of their players could play super rugby for foreign teams but then return home after each season to play for domestic clubs, and thus make themselves available for the Pumas.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I haven't watched it.

I really don't know if I can.

Sounds like we learn some lessons. But thats all we seem to do. Learn lessons.

Im sure we will hear that it doesn't matter in the bigger scheme. That we were testing combinations. That we underestimated them.

South Africa lost against Argtina at home one the back of losing three other tests in a row. This looks like a crisis to me but the Saffer coaches and media will still let everyone believe that it's a "process" and that the world cup is all that matters.

Broken. Like I wrote in February ion the front page and we have not made any progress or showed signs of learning in 7 months.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
just watched replay, wonder what the roid testing is like at this level, that Argie hooker looks like some sort of HGH petris dish these days.

---------------------------------------------------------

bloody-room-sneaker-maniac.jpg

"Coach Meyer has left the dressing room and was last seen on a Durban roadside voluntarily assisting with police business. Approach with extreme caution, I repeat, approach with extreme caution, suspect is in a decidedly-agitated state."

policechase_zpsshuco4nx.gif

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I haven't watched it.

I really don't know if I can.

Sounds like we learn some lessons. But thats all we seem to do. Learn lessons.

Im sure we will hear that it doesn't matter in the bigger scheme. That we were testing combinations. That we underestimated them.

South Africa lost against Argtina at home one the back of losing three other tests in a row. This looks like a crisis to me but the Saffer coaches and media will still let everyone believe that it's a "process" and that the world cup is all that matters.

Broken. Like I wrote in February ion the front page and we have not made any progress or showed signs of learning in 7 months.
Unfortunately Meyer snookered himself by pre game saying he wanted to play Lambie but couldn't because SA expectation is so high he can't afford to lose a game trying new combos.

Left himself nowhere to retreat to.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
"Coach Meyer has left the dressing room and was last seen on a Durban roadside voluntarily assisting with police business. Approach with extreme caution, I repeat, approach with extreme caution, suspect is in a decidedly-agitated state."

Geez, that tackler made the others look 2nd rate, and with pace.

Bokke should sign him up.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just watched the game in its entirety, and the impression I got was that it was a perfect storm of sorts.

You had the Argies spurred on by playing in front of the 1965 team, the Saffers struggling for confidence and form, and guys like JdV, Coetzee, BdP not looking up to pace. Not to mention Romain Poite, who was inconsistent at best.

I sincerely hope the Wallabies don't have him in the RWC against a team like England, because he penalised Koch off the park once he got it in his head that he was 'not binding' - which, by the way, Ayerza did well to plant in Poite's head.

I think on any other day I don't think the Argies would have won so easily (if at all). Everything that could go wrong for South Africa, did go wrong. You'd struggle to count on only two hands the number of unforced errors the Boks committed.

Credit to the inexperienced Argies side though for their first away win against the Boks in South Africa. Imhoff, Matera and Cubelli were standouts.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Just watched the game in its entirety, and the impression I got was that it was a perfect storm of sorts.

You had the Argies spurred on by playing in front of the 1965 team, the Saffers struggling for confidence and form, and guys like JdV, Coetzee, BdP not looking up to pace. Not to mention Romain Poite, who was inconsistent at best.

I sincerely hope the Wallabies don't have him in the RWC against a team like England, because he penalised Koch off the park once he got it in his head that he was 'not binding' - which, by the way, Ayerza did well to plant in Poite's head.

I think on any other day I don't think the Argies would have won so easily (if at all). Everything that could go wrong for South Africa, did go wrong. You'd struggle to count on only two hands the number of unforced errors the Boks committed.

Credit to the inexperienced Argies side though for their first away win against the Boks in South Africa. Imhoff, Matera and Cubelli were standouts.
Poite is reffing England V Aus.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
just watched replay, wonder what the roid testing is like at this level, that Argie hooker looks like some sort of HGH petris dish these days.

---------------------------------------------------------

bloody-room-sneaker-maniac.jpg

That tackler looks a great option to replace Todd Clever in the US RWC squad!

Status
Not open for further replies.