• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2024

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
And the bench I hear is immense. Teddy Wilson, Will Harris, Chris Bell, absolute star studded team, and I think it's awesome to see in Shute.
Yes, teetering on the edge with 100 player points used , Gamble didn't look great when replaced after 20 minutes hope he is ok

the coach

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyone know whether the law changes which became effective on 1/7/24 are being applied in the SS?
The ref in Wicks v Pirates 2s allowed another scrum to be set from a free kick today, which is why I'm asking.

Ref_Ted

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone know whether the law changes which became effective on 1/7/24 are being applied in the SS?
The ref in Wicks v Pirates 2s allowed another scrum to be set from a free kick today, which is why I'm asking.
No, likely to be next year though. No mid-season law changes.

sterlingmortlocksgloves

Herbert Moran (7)
I hear Easts exceeded the player points in round 11 ie 109. Is that correct?

you would be correct as per the team list on the Shute Shield website. Will SRU do anything about it probably not.

Attachments

• IMG_4845.jpeg
    IMG_4845.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 129

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Gordon lost 2 points (and a $100 fine!!!) for using a player who hadn't received clearance so maybe something will happen???
He had one type of clearance but not another if i'm right. Layers of beloved Rugby admin... Been playing there for a few seasons as well so not a sudden ring in.

I laughed at the $100 fine.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Funny to ask for leniency when you see what the punishment is. Feels like the bare minimum was applied as it seen like a mix up but still on the Club at the end of the day. 2 points might make a difference at the end of the year re home finals though.

Rugby Survivor

Ted Fahey (11)
I see the Manly newsletter has mentioned the potential penalty for the Beasties will be announced soon. Still some confusion on whether the points cap was broken in two games or only one. Potential 5 point deduction if two games.
Will basically guarantee the Rats the Minor Premiership

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I see the Manly newsletter has mentioned the potential penalty for the Beasties will be announced soon. Still some confusion on whether the points cap was broken in two games or only one. Potential 5 point deduction if two games.
Will basically guarantee the Rats the Minor Premiership
Is disqualification a possibility??

Blazing Saddles

Ward Prentice (10)
Is disqualification a possibility??
The Shute cast commentary from Mr Cashman was relating the story around a tighthead prop who had international experience with Tonga "and they werent aware of it until 2 weeks ago" so they are backdating the points. Funny thing he was registered with the Easts Rugby club in 2019/2020 when the "international experience happened" Time to grab the popcorn i think :)

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
From afar this is smacking on rules for some and not others? I may have read things wrong, but it's what it seems.