• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
But Wamberal it tastes so sweet when we beat them, they do have the edge and you are right they can offer things other clubs can't "but" they have set an example that other clubs can strive for.

Eastwood have beaten them in their last 3 starts, if they continue do we bag Eastwood?

Parra are heading in a good direction, they have a maturing U17 side, and a good coach.

As for Penrith - Dirty Reds should still be there:), I recall they fielded 3 colts sides, and 5 grade teams.

I don't think we bag University just because they win- its more the fact they appear to have a professional operation in a amateur competition which gives them a great advantage over nearly every club. Dare I say if they weren't winning we would be complaining they are under performing despite having all the best resources available (similar to a certain super province :)
And while they are my team how can you bag eastwood over there wins over university. The Students fielded 10-12 current Super players on weekend and Eastwood had 3- Australians love seeing a underdog get up and that was certainly that on weekend

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
And while they are my team how can you bag eastwood over there wins over university. The Students fielded 10-12 current Super players on weekend and Eastwood had 3- Australians love seeing a underdog get up and that was certainly that on weekend

Rugby Vet, I wouldn't bag the Woodies - hoping it is a repeat of the 97 GF though (& the same victor).
I mad reference to that as unfortunately far to often people try and bring down success.
Cheers,

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
According to the Eastwood newsletter, the Student Corporation had 12 Super Rugby players on the field last weekend. Count 'em. Twelve. Great work, guys, you are killing the game.

By losing their last two games? I'm not following.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
By the way, Parramatta are holding their annual lunch at Merrylands RSL on the 31st August, celebrating 35 years since their first premiership. Many of the 1977 side, including the irrepressable Thommo will be there along with Taaf and some Wallaby mates. Details on the website www.twobluesrugby.com.au

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
By the way, Parramatta are holding their annual lunch at Merrylands RSL on the 31st August, celebrating 35 years since their first premiership. Many of the 1977 side, including the irrepressable Thommo will be there along with Taaf and some Wallaby mates. Details on the website www.twobluesrugby.com.au
And tomorrow the soon-to-be-reclaimed Bledisloe Cup will be on view at Merrylands RSL Rugby Park as the Mighty Two Blues face West Harbour in what promises to be an exciting match to be televised by the ABC. It's all happening at the Two Blues! Thommo will be beside himself.

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
Rugby Vet, I wouldn't bag the Woodies - hoping it is a repeat of the 97 GF though (& the same victor).
I mad reference to that as unfortunately far to often people try and bring down success.
Cheers,

Would be good to see that grand final.

K

Keithy

Easts run of outs may continue with the club being served a notice saying all teams will be deducted 4 points for excessive number of suspensions. If they fail in an appeal then the 1st grade side will be reduced to 32 points only 4 clear of ninth placed Warringah. This is a big result that could cost them a spot in the finals.

T

Tahboy

Assistant coach randwick 1st colts 2010
Scots college assistant coach 2011 and 2012
Managing director of Stallion rugby
So the randwick website says

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Norths beat Manly 33-12 at Manly Oval. :eek:

That's got to be the upset of the season, considering the form Manly were in. Bigger than Easts thrashing Eastwood I reckon.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
A win to the Mighty Two Blues!

Parra 29 Wests 22

Other scores:

Randwick 33 Warringah 36
Manly 12 Norths 33 (wow, upset of the year!)
Gordon 33 Penrith 22

Leaving the table
1 Eastwood 62
2 Manly 56
3 Uni 53
4 Souths 51
5 Norths 43
6 Parra 43
7 Warringah 33
8 Easts 32
9 Wests 32
10 Gordon 26
11 Randwick 23
12 Penrith 20

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

That's got to be the upset of the season, considering the form Manly were in. Bigger than Easts thrashing Eastwood I reckon.

48 - 18 is a significantly bigger margin, and Eastwood was running first at the time, IIRC.

But, it all depends, don't it? Whatever, next week's game between the Woodies and the Shoremen should be interesting.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Parra 29 Wests 15

Other scores:

Randwick 33 Warringah 36
Gordon 33 Penrith 22

Leaving the table
1 Eastwood 62
2 Manly 56
3 Uni 53
4 Souths 51
5 Norths 43
6 Parra 43
7 Warringah 33
8 Easts 32
9 Wests 31
10 Gordon 26
11 Randwick 23
12 Penrith 20

Thats the first game I've watched on ABC for a while: I hope the weather is to blame for the quality of the game.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)

Parra 29 Wests 15

Other scores:

Randwick 33 Warringah 36
Gordon 33 Penrith 22

Leaving the table
1 Eastwood 62
2 Manly 56
3 Uni 53
4 Souths 51
5 Norths 43
6 Parra 43
7 Warringah 33
8 Easts 32
9 Wests 31
10 Gordon 26
11 Randwick 23
12 Penrith 20

I think it was Parramatta 29 Wests 22 which would put Wests on 32 points with Easts.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think it was Parramatta 29 Wests 22 which would put Wests on 32 points with Easts.
Ah yes, you are right. I have corrected my previous post, and for the sake of convenience I reproduce the corrected table below:

1 Eastwood 62
2 Manly 56
3 Uni 53
4 Souths 51
5 Norths 43
6 Parra 43
7 Warringah 33
8 Easts 32
9 Wests 32
10 Gordon 26
11 Randwick 23
12 Penrith 20

Interesting final round with a few pemutations of the final eight still possible.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)

Manly were rubbish but suspect that was the result they needed heading into finals.

Just to flog a dead horse about this years farce anyone who thinks that apart from Parramatta the bottom half deserve to be represented after next week look at the for and against differential. Rats bleating about their injury toll are resorting to the refuge of scoundrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.