• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2010

Who will you be supporting in the 2010 Shute Shield?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Rats 37 Emus 22

You could see how Penrith could upset Southerns last week: they're a pugnacious lot who love taking the ball to the line. On the other hand their work at the breakdown was ordinary and they blew a lot of possession with bad handling. Those elements must have been better last week.

The Rats were just OK and are missing the likes of Sheehan who is suspended and Haig Sare (out for the season). They let in too many cheap tries and that won't help them to get to the finals.

Fullback Pat McCabe had a blinder including two speedy runs up the middle of the park and, running at top pace, hitting winger Rapana right on the money with 20 metre passes both times for tries.

He and the backrow of Lipman (until he went off injured at half-time), Robinson and Richardson, were the difference.

An honourable mention should go to youngster Hamish Angus playing flyhalf in the absence of Sheehan (yeah, Sheeno was playing 10 before he opened his trap once too often). He is a deft player who has an accurate long pass both ways. Unfortunately he will most likely be missing too next week as it looks like he has stuffed his ankle.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I'm looking forward to the match of the round Manly V Woodies. Some interesting match ups, none better than Nadolo V Turner.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
How many full games has shepherd played since back from injury

I've seen footage of him scoring tries in at least two, so possibly even more than that. I don't think he recent gametime is the issue, more his very recent bout with the flu.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Living, as we do, outside the pale, my wife and I would really appreciate updates on today's big match.

Carn the Woods.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
3 mins to go manly line out on woods 22

manly penalty now in front of posts, they go the line

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Going to the TMO after full time
MAnly had 16 phases and now need to see if they were able to ground iut at the end, Dickinson thinks its a trty

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
MAnly lose it forward and Woodies hold on 19-15 great last 10 mins or so

In other results penrith upset norths

T

Trex 600

And in no surprise there was like 60 points scored in the Highlanders v Eastern sub match ,50 of those points were against Gordon :-(

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
And in no surprise there was like 60 points scored in the Highlanders v Eastern sub match ,50 of those points were against Gordon :-(

Gordon should always be one of the top clubs, given its geographical position, licenced club and history. What on earth has gone wrong?

T

Trex 600

Well ? hope some one can come up with an answer, i no they have had some key injuries at lock and half back ,and not sure what happened to that good THP ,he hasn,t been seen for a couple of weeks??? , ive heard R.H is heading up north to take a new coaching roll for next season, so blow the dust of those C.Vs......

Status
Not open for further replies.