• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Scott Higginbotham - Liverpool kiss on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Kneeing and headbutting is just footy?

Hello? Hello? Scott Higginbotham's brain? Are you in there? Anywhere?

They definitely should've just gotten the Wallabies' media/PR manager to write a statement for him or at least tell him what to say.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Bit of a silly statement from Higgers there.

It will be held against him next time he goes up in front of Judiciary.

He had better keep his nose absolutely clean from now forward.
Deans should hold it against him too, if he is good enough to be picked in a match day 22.
It's reckless indifference to leaving his team short of his services: surely the thinks enough of himself to regret doing that?
This is nearly as shortsighted and silly as the original incident.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Can we insert a link here that goes back to page one, and then we can lock this topic and leave anyone who comes in after this point in a never ending Hotel California style thread? ;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Why lock the thread?

Discussion of the on field stuff has largely finished.

Then we now have a player rather naively, and perhaps lead down a garden path by a shrewd Journo looking for a headline to selectively quote, saying that he has no regrets for kneeing and headbutting an opposition player, as if that is a standard part of the game.

We have moved on to another part of the discussion.

I would like to think that we could blame the ARU HPU (JGS, NTS/BGS etc), and various academies (and "exclusive" private schools) around the place for churning out a bunch of skilled athletes who believe that they are above the game. After all they have given up the prodigious talents of QC (Quade Cooper), JOC (James O'Connor), KB (Kurtley Beale) et al.

Then Rational Jarse steps up and points out that the same factory pathway has also produced great servants of the game such as David Pocock, Liam Gill, Michael Hooper, the Fingers, etc. They were all on the "Koala Club" pathway at the same time as the other "walking headlines". It can't be the "systems" fault.

The same poor man-management of the Men in Gold and ARU that has allegedly driven QC (Quade Cooper) out of the game has also managed to produce an articulate humble loyal socially aware and responsible David Pocock.

I guess it goes to show that Paul Roos from the Sydney Swans was right.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Higgers realised that his G&GR thread was winding down after only 10 or so pages and decided he needed to do a bit of
images

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^
What good is a 13 page thread when the current top scorer has gone well past his ton and is looking good for 150 by months end?

Especially when that subject only kneed the GOAT and escaped judiciary.

Higgers kneed, and headbutted the GOAT, was found guilty of such at judiciary, shows dusruspect for the GOAT by saying he has no regrets for those actions.

Come on Kiwis, Fire up and defend the GOAT. Higgers needs another 90 pages of posts.:)

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Not much to say Jarsey... can't see any upside at all to his comments from his point of view.

I hope Brett Gosper invokes a review of his comments.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Rather dumb comments to a newspaper from Higgers

They may be sentiments for around the bar, but not public comment

M

Muttonbird

It doesn't look like Higgers thinks he's done much wrong. He's playing this weekend is he?

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Aah the difference between being able to play rugby at an international level and the ability to think before you speak.

Am I really old or does it seem that arrogance is now seen as a virtue?

No i'll answer that, yes i'm really old :(

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Good on him. Nothing worse than a false apology. I like the mans chutzpah :)

I'm sure he means it and I like that attribute in him but is it smart to publicly air this? He's not helping his chances next judiciary case, showing no remorse etc.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Good on him. Nothing worse than a false apology. I like the mans chutzpah :)

Grandpa Jarse used to say a few things. One of my favourites is "It's better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt."

I concur with ChargerWA that false apologies aren't worth much. So if you have nothing to say worth saying, then say nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.