• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Scott Higginbotham - Liverpool kiss on McCaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Anything else then that isn't intended to hurt, but rather wind up is Niggle. This is what Higgers did - those whining about 'attacking the head' need to sip a muggachino of concrete.

My beef with Higgers is the the headbutt. It was dumb niggle as in the end he's come off worse.

I think I just about fall into that category, so I shall chug from the mixing barrel. :)

It absolutely was niggle. No question. My only concern was that by touching RM's head, Higgers opened himself up to the judiciary (which happened) and potentially a carding from the field which would have put the Wallabies in a very bad position (which didn't, luckily).

RM was clever enough to know that, as well.

He can niggle as much as he wants as clearly RM does get rattled by it, but Higgers just needed to be a bit smarter about how he went about it.

Hmm. I feel aa biit ssloww. Fiingeeers stiiiffffeniing. Haaardennninggggggggggg

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I disagree. It seems the last resort of those who can't get the better of their opponent by any number of legal means; cleaning them out, stripping them of the ball, putting a great tackle on them or whatever. Those under pressure seem to resort to this. Those who dominate seldom seem to need to.
I do agree there is an air of conspiracy theory around anything that happens to McCaw from some quarters that verges on hyperbolic. He aint no saint, and I reckon he fully knows it.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Cheap shots are both the knee and the headbutt. If bakkes had done it to one of our players this joint would up in arms

Sure it may niggle but it isn't to be celebrated as being hard or tough

As I said before clean out aggressively and get the guy out of play is the right option

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I need to dig up the comments made about Etzebeth when he headbutted Sharpe. IMO, that headbutt is exactly the same, same force and 'intent' which was not to injure but happened during a scuffle from frustration.

Add 'McCaw' in for 'Sharpe' and everything changes.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I wish I had put it that way. I agree 100%.

If McCaw is on the wrong side of the ruck, legitimately put the shoulder into his kidneys. A sneaky knee and headbutt is just weak.

You know what a shoulder in kidneys can do, don't you. More dangerous than a light head butt to someone that is facing you.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Cheap shots are both the knee and the headbutt. If bakkes had done it to one of our players this joint would up in arms

Sure it may niggle but it isn't to be celebrated as being hard or tough

As I said before clean out aggressively and get the guy out of play is the right option

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Who said it was hard or tough?

I think just about everyone said it was dumb - not that it was niggle, but the dumb ways he chose to try it.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I need to dig up the comments made about Etzebeth when he headbutted Sharpe. IMO, that headbutt is exactly the same, same force and 'intent' which was not to injure but happened during a scuffle from frustration.

Add 'McCaw' in for 'Sharpe' and everything changes.
It does ,doesn't it Gwert, now it is suddenly seems OK.:p

M

Muttonbird

Higgenbum left out of November tour. Could be career over just like Quade. Doesn't pay to mess with McCaw.

daz edit: Off to the naughty corner for 2 weeks.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Think it's time to wander out of this thread, it's gone discussing rugby, to length of bans for posters, so rugby part must be well finished.

M

Mojoman

Poetic justice, pretty hard lesson for Higginbotham but stupid is stupid. What he did was more of a nuisance, I don't believe his intent was to injure or hurt but rather rattle McCaw but this would be the ultimate punishment.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
Not sure if this has been asked, but since Higgers is on stand by for the tour, when does his 2 match ban apply? Is it when the spring tour starts or when he goes to play for the Rebels if he doesn't go on spring tour?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He has a 4 week ban and it has been applied since the game last weekend. 20th October - 17th November.

It has been reported as a 2 match ban since the France match is on the 10th November and the England match on the 17th November.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Regrets? I've got none for McCaw, says Higginbotham

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/regrets-ive-got-none-for-mccaw-says-higginbotham-20121119-29m6e.html#ixzz2CiAw2lwg

''I don't regret anything I did, it was just football, I suppose,'' he said. ''I don't think I'd really change anything … I've been playing for a number of years now, and seeing as that's the first [suspension] I think I'm doing all right, to be honest.''

art-Higginbotham-620x349.jpg

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Bit of a silly statement from Higgers there.

It will be held against him next time he goes up in front of Judiciary.

He had better keep his nose absolutely clean from now forward.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Bit of a silly statement from Higgers there.

It will be held against him next time he goes up in front of Judiciary.

He had better keep his nose absolutely clean from now forward.

yeah, stupid and pointless. Why would you say something like that? He's really lost the plot since he left the reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.