• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Scotland v Australia 12Nov16 Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Some trivia to lighten the mood.

SWEET 16 is the magic number for the Wallabies and Scotland as the home side seeks sweet revenge from the Rugby World Cup at Murrayfield this weekend.
Incredibly, Fox Sports Lab statistics reveal that Australia has beaten Scotland on all 20 occasions when they have scored 16 points or more.
And conversely, Scotland has won all nine Tests against the Wallabies when they have held Australia to 15 points or less

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Mate, I'm 38 years old, I'm reasonably well read, I have a tertiary education and both of my parents and my wife are teachers. All of this and I still couldn't tell you if it's their or thier. If it was going to sink in, it would've by now. So whether it's Chieka or Cheika is probably somewhat beyond me as trivial as it may sound.
I can tell you I'll try harder though if it will help you sleep more comfortably? :)
This is the internet, I don't know if you two have met, but she does love grammar.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I just hope we show up and play well. I would be so pissed off if they put in a performance like the RWC when they scored 5 good tries and just gifted Scotland 3 straight back. I want to see our defence and forwards really dominate this game and show the Scots that they were actually lucky to be in it let alone complain that they were robbed by the correct call.
No charge downs, no intercepts and no Rob Simmons sleeping at the side of a ruck which was a suspect try anyway as I thought he picked from the side of the ruck and not last feet.

Sio needs a big game he got schooled last time out.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Wallabies team to play Scotland (1-15)
Scott Sio, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu, Adam Coleman, Rory Arnold, David Pocock, Michael Hooper, Lopeti Timani, Will Genia, Bernard Foley, Henry Speight, Reece Hodge, Tevita Kuridrani, Dane Haylett-Petty, Israel Folau.
Reserves: Tolu Latu, Tom Robertson, Allan Ala'alatoa, Rob Simmons, Will Skelton, Dean Mumm, Nick Phipps, Quade Cooper.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Referee​
official_83_photo.jpg
Johnny Lacey (Ireland)

Assistant 1​
official_158_photo.JPEG
Ben O'Keeffe (New Zelaand)

Assistant 2​
Ian_Davies_92570777.jpg
Ian Davies (Wales)

TMO​
Simon_McDowell_47800305.jpg
Simon McDowell (Ireland)

Dalai Ninja

Ward Prentice (10)
Scott Sio, Stephen Moore, Sekope Kepu, Adam Coleman, Rory Arnold, David Pocock, Michael Hooper, Lopeti Timani, Will Genia, Bernard Foley, Henry Speight, Reece Hodge, Tevita Kuridrani, Dane Haylett-Petty, Israel Folau.
Reserves: Tolu Latu, Tom Robertson, Allan Ala'alatoa, Rob Simmons, Will Skelton, Dean Mumm, Nick Phipps, Quade Cooper.

Well I for one was wrong about rotations. :)

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Cheika has gone 6:2 because of the likely conditions: wet, rainy, windy, boggy. (Just another day in paradise). The props sort themselves after Slippers off-colour performance last week, Simmons is there in case a lock gets injured, Mumm is there to replace Pocock if our lineout is getting dished, Skelton is there to supply grunt and maul destruction if required and to give our second lock a rest in the last 20, when I expect Simmons and Mumm will already be on. Barring injury, Timani will play 80. After last week I would have kept Fardy but I'm not unduly distressed. McMahon is more likely to get a run in France where it might be drier and harder. With the flexibility in our backline we can cover injuries in any position.

Makes enough sense to me to be reasonable, even if its not what I would have done.

Lacey can be pretty pedantic. In these conditions it might be hard to get a roll on.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Slippers omission is noteworthy. He's had a pretty poor season by his standards, but he was actually pretty solid last week. Still i understand the move. Its the right opportunity to give Robertson some more test experience and hopefully it fires up slipper.

Slipper could definitely use and offseason and a reset

Status
Not open for further replies.