• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

S15 Rd 1 - Brumbies v Reds, Friday 13th February

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
I know it is frowned upon around here to call the RedsvTahs game the festival of hate. But we all think it even if we never type it. The rivalry between the Brums and the Reds is as intense but we don't really have a code name for the match.

Any ideas?

the sabanator

Ron Walden (29)
I know it is frowned upon around here to call the RedsvTahs game the festival of hate. But we all think it even if we never type it. The rivalry between the Brums and the Reds is as intense but we don't really have a code name for the match.

Any ideas?

The 'We both hate NSW' Derby?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
And a wet one.

Rain expected Thursday and Friday so hopefully it doesn't get in the way of watching two very well matched back lines going at it

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd say Siliva will start and Moore on the bench for the 2nd half and have about 20-30 mins.

I reckon Rory Arnold would partner Carter in the 2nd row. He's quite the giant and looks a solid player.

The mail seems to be that Mann-Rea will likely start with Moore on the bench............

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I welcome Stephen Moore back to rugby.

Australia certainly needs him for the EWC campaign.LATER in the year.

I hope he gets through this match unscathed and needs to take it very easy. One or 2 ball carries , no rucks and mauls and maybe 1 scrum.

Other than that I hope he has a great game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
This should be the game of the round, with both sides out to make statements about their 2015 abilities.

Despite missing QC (Quade Cooper), I can see the Reds sneaking home by 5 points, in a tryfest with the Ponies getting 2 BP despite losing.

For the good of the Australian Rugby, we need Squeaky Moore and Bam Bam Pocock to come out of this game unscathed, and for KHunt and JOC (James O'Connor) to stake their claims for Wobs squad selection/re-selection for RWC15.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)
By the way,the real contest will take place immediately beforehand with the ACT Vets taking on the Navy Old Salts for the Paladin Risk Cup. ;)

We are kicking off at 5:30pm so if you're there early you will get to see a display of running rugby from a bunch of bald and grey-haired blokes and I can guarantee that an 80 year old will score a try.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Being Canberra, how good would it be to see another curtain raiser from Parliamentary House polies, staff and employees?

There would be some ginger if it was a Front Bench vs Back Bench game, especially if a certain former Sydney Uni Prop from St Johns College was involved. :)

Wouldn't need a secret ballot to determine a leaders popularity, especially if it was refereed and played under 1978 rules.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Yeh I doubt the word "tryfest" will be an apt description of this game. I suspect the Brumbies will become tighter than a fishes butthole, but I hope I'm wrong. firepower galore out wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.