• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC Wallabies v USA - 23 September

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Fucking Deans, that backline is not right. Any simpleton knows Barnes needed to be trialled at 12 and Horne at 13. Even McCabe at 12 and Horne at 13 would of made sense. Fucking Deans

Edit: Congratulations to Will Genia aswell

G

GC

These selections are simply bizzare on so many fronts. Are there any Deans supporters left here to justify what the hell is going on?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even if Barnes is flyhalf cover, which you may be right about, why isn't he starting this match?

Incidentally, what would you think about 12. Barnes and 13. McCabe?

Until his switch to 12 McCabe was on track to be the Brumbies' 13 next year and I tipped him as a future Wallaby in that spot...

Deans certainly changed all that when he continued playing him at 12 this year... I think McCabe would do fine in either centre position, and at 13 he would probably have more space for his strong ball running...

Horne/McCabe or McCabe/Horne is something I'd like to see for sure...

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let's not forget that some of these players have played every single test since Samoa...

I would expect Alexander and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not to start next week as they're the only two from that group (Kepu, McCabe, Elsom) to be starting again this week...

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Let's not forget that some of these players have played every single test since Samoa...

I would expect Alexander and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not to start next week as they're the only two from that group (Kepu, McCabe, Elsom) to be starting again this week...

Rotation is surely part of it, but some choices are a bit bizarre.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
USA: Blaine Scully; Colin Hawley, Tai Enosa, Junior Sifa, Kevin Swiryn; Nese Malifa, Tim Usasz (capt); JJ Gagiano, Pat Danahy, Inaki Basauri; Hayden Smith, Scott LaValla; Eric Fry, Phil Thiel, Shawn Pittman. Replacements: Brian McClenahan, Matekitonga Moeakiola, Louis Stanfill, Nic Johnson, Mike Petri, Roland Suniula, Chris Wyles

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...abies-clash-20110921-1kkfk.html#ixzz1YYFc11zI

Looks like the USA have rested the bulk of their first choice team to have a crack at Italy in their final match.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Horne 12. Fainga'a 13.
Even if he had swapped them around it would have made more sense.

Obviously Barnes is being looked at for the 10 jersey, it's the only way you can make sense out of the current selections. I'm guessing he will come on somewhere around half-time. Alternatively he will come on for Fainga'a and Horne will just move out one place, which also makes abit of sense but knowing Deans' history with subs it might only happen in the 79th minute.

Overall, not to impressed with Dean's reaction to last weekend, it was clear our forwards got utterly dominated and yet he is still not willing to roll the dice a little. The inclusion of Palu is a good sign, same too with Slipper, hopefully Sharpe can put in another great performance and we will have seen the end of Vickerman/Simmons combination off the bench. Schmoo also deserves his chance for the full 80mins in a position he is likely to be playing in the latter stages regardless of what Ioane is doing. The reselection of TPN is also very confusing, he contributed very little against the Irish but I doubt he will get longer than about 60mins with Moore on the bench.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
USA: Blaine Scully; Colin Hawley, Tai Enosa, Junior Sifa, Kevin Swiryn; Nese Malifa, Tim Usasz (capt); JJ Gagiano, Pat Danahy, Inaki Basauri; Hayden Smith, Scott LaValla; Eric Fry, Phil Thiel, Shawn Pittman. Replacements: Brian McClenahan, Matekitonga Moeakiola, Louis Stanfill, Nic Johnson, Mike Petri, Roland Suniula, Chris Wyles

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...abies-clash-20110921-1kkfk.html#ixzz1YYFc11zI

Looks like the USA have rested the bulk of their first choice team to have a crack at Italy in their final match.

That's a shame.

I would have preferred the Americans giving it their all against Australia...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

The Wallabies team to play the United States in the sixth match of Pool C at the Rugby World Cup, at the Wellington Regional Stadium on Friday evening (kick-off: 8.30pm NZ time, 6.30pm AEST) is:

15. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs)
14. Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies)
13. Anthony Fainga’a (Queensland Reds)
12. Rob Horne (NSW Waratahs)
11. Drew Mitchell (NSW Waratahs)
10. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds)
9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds, captain)
8. Wycliff Palu (NSW Waratahs)
7. Ben McCalman (Western Force)
6. Rocky Elsom (Brumbies)
5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force)
4. Rob Simmons (Queensland Reds)
3. Ben Alexander (Brumbies)
2. Tatafu Polota Nau (NSW Waratahs)
1. James Slipper (Queensland Reds)

Run on Reserves:
16. Stephen Moore (Brumbies)
17. Sekope Kepu (NSW Waratahs)
18. Dan Vickerman (NSW Waratahs)
19. Radike Samo (Queensland Reds)
20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs)
21. Berrick Barnes (NSW Waratahs)
22. Pat McCabe (Brumbies)

Changes already Higgers out

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
That's a shame.

I would have preferred the Americans giving it their all against Australia...

Absolutely, and the weaker is the USA team we play, the less we'll get from it in terms of both toughness of play and the assessing of Robbie's latest intriguing selection policy. Two weak to weaker teams in the next two matches is not the ideal prep for a potential mega-clash with SA.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Mad Robbie said:
“James played every match of the Super Rugby season this year and has missed just one Test [of the seven] played by the Wallabies,” Deans says.

Didn't Horwill miss a few games early after he was injured against the Waratahs? Not trying to be a dick, but one would hope the Wallabies coach knows stuff like that.

And there's nothing in the ARU announcement from Deans about the out-of-position selections.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think it may take at least a six pack to get remotely close to being in the right headspace to work those selections out.

Status
Not open for further replies.