• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC - Wallabies v Ireland - 17th September 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
My thoughts:-

1) Beale is an individual player and has not developed at all. He should not be starting in any team until he stops the low percentage chips and grubbers and actually looks to set up a team mate with his counter attacking runs.

I agree that he made some silly chip kicks, but out of all our backs, he offered the most penetration and attack. Without him, our backline would have barely crossed the gain line.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Just thinking - how happy is England going to be? They will likely have 3 other 6N teams in their half of the draw in the QFs and the 3N teams will be in the other half.

J

Jonah

im only going to say this once, this is why aus do not improve, because you can not even see your own weakness, blame everything/one else, ref had nothing to do with aus being destroyed up front?,,refs fault oconnor touched the ball twice?, geez, you lot.

not even one well played ireland, that is just just plain poor sportmanship.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Disagree about the Ireland lineout - they were not pinching our ball or disrupting, we bottled our own throws with not straight ball. Often when POC was planted on the ground. Must have been a Jedi mind trick, eh Thomo?

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)
The ref went wrong. Is was terrible. He was terrible. How the hell can you win with that dickhead. How can you score a try with that cock head in charge. He should be stood down for 3 months. Suspended. Raped for all i care. Rugby needs to change. The irb needs to be in the southern hemisphere. A shit boring team will win the world cup. The things paddy obrian has raised with refs to concentrate on favor the northern hemisphere teams hands down.

Agghhhhhhhhhh
Fuck it bring it and let me have it

Go the force!!!!

Have a hug, go for a pint; it'll be okay. ;)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
im only going to say this once, this is why aus do not improve, because you can not even see your own weakness, blame everything/one else, ref had nothing to do with aus being destroyed up front?,,refs fault oconnor touched the ball twice?, geez, you lot.

I don't think that's it at all mate. I think all of us acknowledge that Ireland played a great game, but if we rate this Wallabies team at all, and I think most of us do, we have to be able to beat Ireland at their best.

What's the point of the analysis being Ireland played great, better luck next time Wallabies.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
And now we'll get unceremoniously dumped out at the quarters by Wales/Samoa. I'm still pleased with a win despite myself.

Chin up son! Backs contained the wobblies well. The game plan worked with a bit of assistance from the official....I can't see the welsh beating you based on previous performance, but let's see what happens tomorrow.

H

H...

Unless you're suggesting that management and coaches and players are posting in this thread, your point is entirely invalid.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
I wouldn't be too upset, you were missing three of your most important players (especially Moore and Pocock) and you lost against a very fired up Irish team. The ref certainly didn't do the Wallabies any favours, so maybe you've got your game off now, and learned a bit from it (keep A Fainga'a out, reduce chip kicking, sub earlier). Better now than in the quarters.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
We need to offer the halfback more protection in future. Ireland were hitting Genia before he could even pass it on several occasions (yes, illegally, but we are going to have to put up with it).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

Try reading the thread a bit better, Jonah. Or bugger off. Ireland have been paid due credit, most of the opprobrium has been heaped on the Wallabies. But I suspect you had a set post to type and nothing was going to stop it. By all means explain Bryce to us all - I suspect even the Irish posters would not sing his praises as a ref.

T

thedubs

Just thinking - how happy is England going to be? They will likely have 3 other 6N teams in their half of the draw in the QFs and the 3N teams will be in the other half.

England wont be. Ireland are their bogey team. England would fancy Australia given their recent record and given the fact that for a second-in-the-world rated team, they have a pack that can be bullied, as Ireland showed in abundance.

Just like Kiwi fans hate playing pumped up Saffa teams, England dont like playing Ireland, be it pumped up or not. And they look pumped!

S

Scoz

I'll say it

OkI will say it. Ireland's forwards completely outplayed Australia's. They had more bodies across every ruck, won all their lineouts with ease and their scrum demolished Australia's, with their two props killing Kepu and Alexander.

Forget the backs, it was all over in the front 8

J

Jonah

I don't think that's it at all mate. I think all of us acknowledge that Ireland played a great game, but if we rate this Wallabies team at all, and I think most of us do, we have to be able to beat Ireland at their best.

What's the point of the analysis being Ireland played great, better luck next time Wallabies.

thats my point bro, its not that a good side,one win againts nz at home, in 10 years,and we are the best team in the world?
samoa and italy game showed how this one was going to go.

best back line in the world counts for nothing,when you do not have the ball.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I disagree completely that our scrum was demolished. The scrum was far closer to even than the number of scrum penalties reflected. There were several times the Irish TH put a knee or hand on the ground first and wasn't pinged and then we go down after that and the penalty went against us every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.