• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
I just hope that Pythagoras Marler can manage to drive straight on the way home after the game, because there is scant evidence of that happening during the game.

#ScrumStraightJoe #WorseThanInvisibleMcCaw

I'm not an alcoholic, I only drink when the English scrum illegally.

Heh. He's a danger to everyone to his right.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)

Nah, that's not what the article is saying. Thornley, for all his Thornleyness, is saying those coaches helped improve Irish rugby. More to the point, he's arguing that Gatland doesn't get the credit he probably deserves in Ireland (or at Wasps). But he's not saying that Ireland made Gatland, Cheika or Schmidt the coaches they are; rather, it's the opposite.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Don't fight it CB, you know it makes sense. Did you see D'Arcy's considerably more sensible article in the IT? He slices and dices Lancaster, Burgess and Barritt like Gordon Ramsey on speed.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rug...-is-blunder-that-could-bury-england-1.2371821

Reading his anatomy of a try sections makes me want to hear him calling play-by-play commentary. What a grasp on the flow of the game.

That closing line:
Good luck outwitting Cheiks.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
We have not beaten England in a World Cup since the 91 Final. We have however had 3 horrendously shit losses in 95, 03 & 07. England are our biggest World Cup bogey team.

If we win on Sunday & effectively end their Tournament, I will be having more beers between the hours of 6am to lunchtime than ever before. It would be a victory that demands celebration.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
We have not beaten England in a World Cup since the 91 Final. We have however had 3 horrendously shit losses in 95, 03 & 07. England are our biggest World Cup bogey team.

If we win on Sunday & effectively end their Tournament, I will be having more beers between the hours of 6am to lunchtime than ever before. It would be a victory that demands celebration.

If the lads can beat the Pommies. They show us that they can win this WC. If they can't beat them so the ABs will be the winners again.

The Wobblies can reach to the quarters without beating the Poms. But if they beat them, they will be a real challenger for the cup. At least for me :p

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
That hash tag is too subtle.

All Gagerlanders should get on to twitter with #IllegalEnglandScrum maybe #EnglandScrumCheats.

Where do we buy the T Shirts - "I'm not an Alcoholic, I only drink when the English scrum illegally" ?

Get #scrumstraightjoe trending on Twitter

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Reports that Youngs the smaller is out as well as the thug Lawes but Joseph is fit. Think the starting Orc team is

Marler
Youngs
Cole
Launchbury
Parling
Wood
Robshaw
Morgan
Wigglesworth
Farrell
May
Barritt
Joseph
Watson
Brown.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Youngs(the smaller) is a big loss for them. The mid field looks vulnerable. Hope TK is on his game and Folau runs at them.
Morgan is a good player but under cooked.

Back three is quick.

What day is it again?

Status
Not open for further replies.