• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah, but we have a left-right kicking pair now in Foley and Giteau, so trapping Foley on his wrong foot (which England exploited very well last time) isn't a problem.
Much more concerned with Foley securing possession.

The highlanders used this tactic very successfully in the semi and he hasn't played against that game plan since (so to be fair he may have sorted it out)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
I've read quite a lot of this thread lots have been about the illegality of Marlar turning in,
Much more about the prowess that wales don't seem to have, Wales have been written off with a flippant wave of the hand by many here.

There is also much talk of the coaches ineptitude of picking their strongest side to face Fiji. We shouldn't have beaten England but we did, we shouldn't beat you either;)

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
How many 10/12/13 combos hasLancaster tried now during his tenure as coach? It must be over a dozen already - clearly he is not decisive when it matters, or is Andy Farrell the ditherer

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
There is also much talk of the coaches ineptitude of picking their strongest side to face Fiji. We shouldn't have beaten England but we did, we shouldn't beat you either;)

I would have been stupefied if Wales didn't pick their best side against Fiji. It's the easiest of their remaining two games and a win would take Wales very close to a spot in the quarter finals.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've read quite a lot of this thread lots have been about the illegality of Marlar turning in,
Much more about the prowess that wales don't seem to have, Wales have been written off with a flippant wave of the hand by many here.

Let's keep under radar Dai

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Much more concerned with Foley securing possession.

The highlanders used this tactic very successfully in the semi and he hasn't played against that game plan since (so to be fair he may have sorted it out)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Foley had no problems catching the ball against the Highlanders. The problem was that the Tahs had only Foley to kick, and they successfully pinned him down on the wrong side of the field. The Wobs have a left and right foot kicking combination at the back, with Giteau and Foley.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

What are you expecting? This is the Orcs vs the Colonial Upstarts match thread @Dai Bando.

Of course we are going to discuss the Soap Dodgers cheating at scrum time.

Credit is being given to the Welsh in the Match threads for the Boyo's games.

On the basis that a win by your lot vs Fiji, combined with a victory by Men in Gold will dispatch the Soap Dodgers to minnow status, then a lot of Aussies will be barracking for the Red Devils against Fiji.

#ABE.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
What are you expecting? This is the Orcs vs the Colonial Upstarts match thread @Dai Bando.

On the basis that a win by your lot vs Fiji, combined with a victory by Men in Gold will dispatch the Soap Dodgers to minnow status, then a lot of Aussies will be barracking for the Red Devils against Fiji.

#ABE.
Red Devils are man u I think

Status
Not open for further replies.