• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC: AUS v ENG (Twickenham): POOL A; 6am (AEDT) Sunday 4 October

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Reading his anatomy of a try sections makes me want to hear him calling play-by-play commentary. What a grasp on the flow of the game.

That closing line:

Although his gnomic analysis of QC (Quade Cooper) is a bit, er, gnomic: "The Wallabies can’t win a World Cup with him at 10 but they won’t get out of the pool without him."

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Why the Wallabies will thrash England
Chris Rattue

"The bookies have England as favourites but they are calculating with a hole in the head because England have a bolt through the neck. They are the Frankenstein of world rugby, a scientific experiment with an ugly result. Their creators have just enough rugby understanding to put something together with excruciating detail, but not enough to make it work."

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=11521321

Dai bando

Charlie Fox (21)
Hugh Jarse, I cant seem to quote a post or I would have posted yours @ me, My point about Marler was an observation, so to the rest of my comments,
The reason for them as I've already stated, is, that I cant quote a post to reply to the posters that make comments I would like to address.
I see you are a moderator so is there something you can do to help me address the situation

thanks in anticipation Dai

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Hugh Jarse, I cant seem to quote a post or I would have posted yours @ me, My point about Marler was an observation, so to the rest of my comments,
The reason for them as I've already stated, is, that I cant quote a post to reply to the posters that make comments I would like to address.
I see you are a moderator so is there something you can do to help me address the situation

Try using a different browser Dai.....Chrome or Firefox should be fine or Taptalk on a mobile device.

mxyzptlk

Colin Windon (37)
Although his gnomic analysis of QC (Quade Cooper) is a bit, er, gnomic: "The Wallabies can’t win a World Cup with him at 10 but they won’t get out of the pool without him."

That's just good Irish narrative is what that is. Beckett, Joyce, and Enright would approve.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Chris Rattue

"The bookies have England as favourites but they are calculating with a hole in the head because England have a bolt through the neck. They are the Frankenstein of world rugby, a scientific experiment with an ugly result. Their creators have just enough rugby understanding to put something together with excruciating detail, but not enough to make it work."

That's a great article. I think he's summed things up quite nicely.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)

Try right click on reply and then open in new tab and you may be able to quote in the new tab instead of a scripted window thingy.

On Topic. I am so nervous about this match. There so many unknowns that I just can't feel to which team is likely to win. Just hope the match plays out to my expectations and isn't a dour penalty fest with niggle.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Message to the Australian back row. Do this to Mike Brown! No backwards steps and keep you own fists down. They will try anything to get an Aussie carded. I think Sam was brilliant when this happened

I think this picture encapsulates it nicely the Mike's Brown Pants moment on Saturday. the look of complete contempt on Sam's face and the panic in Brown's (despite the dumb arsed comments from ITV). He should IMHO have been warned and the scrum turned into a penalty if the touch judge had been any good.

Bit of a shame in one way cos I think despite his current behaviour he's a cracking player.

attachment.php

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The biggest concern with that article is that is is written by Chris Rattue.

He is invariably wrong about everything

And I don't think this will be an exception. His prediction is pretty fanciful to be honest.

Personally, I can't see us 'thrashing' them. :D

KOB1987

John Eales (66)

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Chris Rattue

Some great lines in that piece. Love the one about too many laptops and not enough hard drive.

I'm shitting myself. Need to block GAGR, The Roar, ESPN Scrum etc etc. It's only Thursday and I'm already overwrought - can't imagine how the Dastardly Orcs would be managing the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.