• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
Like starting a Pocket run, a wondering why I ate lunch. Meanwhile, the bats continue to scream. (Old memories!)

Yep....brings back some memories. When were you there?

Very proud of QC (Quade Cooper) and Poey. Lots of other Brissie boys in the side tonight too. Hoping they both have blinders as NZ will have a had time beating us if those two are on fire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xblh1Lf4suc

R

RuckinGoodStats

I reckon his analysis of the players is spot on.
actually kiwi tv had Matt Giteau for it's pre and post show last weekend and he was pretty good. Normally they have an Ex All Black who is still living in the past.

Sluggy

Ward Prentice (10)
Wallaby 13s in the modern game often make no meters, no matter who they are. They don't get the ball - the Bermuda Triangle of backline positions.

And its been a revolving door position since Sir Sterling faded out. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) might have made it his own but they keep moving him around to cover other problems because of his defence. Remember when he made a try saving tackle against the blacks, got injured, then got up off the turf at SOS while being treated and made a second try saving tackle within a minute or two a few years ago. Which, incidentally, is a good reason to keep picking him.

I just wish they'd let him settle in at 13 and fine tune his play there. He has shown in previous seasons that he can get his leg drive going in contact and make metres over the gain line in the Mortlock style, he is reasonable under the high ball, and his kicking has improved.

[/rant]

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
With France beating Wales the way they did last night, this game today has become the final IMHO.

May this match show the world what Rugby Union really is.
And may the best team, not the ref, win.

CARN the Wallabies.

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
I hope the NZ Chemists guild pre planned.

Will there really be enough anti-depressant medication to go round if NZ lose?

FANATIC

Fred Wood (13)
Getting pumped up now... 15 degrees celcius in Auckland, Cloudy. 2 hours to go,

[video=youtube;JfJDfU-NW8U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfJDfU-NW8U&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just to add, here's Baabaa's super effort from earlier in the year. I am so fucking nervous I can't concentrate

[video=youtube;YRhIzdeq9wU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRhIzdeq9wU[/video]

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I haven't been too nervous today actually.

My hangover has really dulled the nerves.

Well played drinking so much beer last night. Just finished my first today to get back up on that horse.

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
[video=youtube;WLaSAxYQmns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaSAxYQmns&feature=related[/video]

C

chief

Just can't see the Wallabies winning this one. NZ have so much to lose. There will be riots on the street if they lose, and NZ players know this. Wallabies will show they just aren't up to this, especially as they come into this game with a degree of cockiness.

No Beale, and Quade Cooper out of form just shows the Wallabies can't win this. NZ by 20.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
[video=youtube;WLaSAxYQmns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLaSAxYQmns&feature=related[/video]

Fingers crossed Samo does something like this again Nugget. TBH I just hope we dont have an anti climax to this game like Wales v France. Despite all my attempts to convince myself of a Wallabies win my head keeps saying AB's by 1, AB's by 30, AB's by 11...but the heart is saying Wallabies all the way!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
What the Dingo needs to say on A Given Sunday at 5 minutes to 7

http://www.hark.com/clips/ljpqdkjvxs-inch-by-inch-speech-full

[video=youtube;3ZtVnDjSSuA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZtVnDjSSuA[/video]

"I don't know what to say really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives all comes down to today. Either we heal as a team or we are going to crumble. Inch by inch play by play till we're finished. We are in hell right now, gentlemen believe me and we can stay here and get the shit kicked out of us or we can fight our way back into the light.

We can climb out of hell. One inch, at a time. Now I can't do it for you. I'm too old. I look around and I see these young faces and I think I mean I made every wrong choice a middle age man could make.

I uh.... I pissed away all my money believe it or not. I chased off anyone who has ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know when you get old in life things get taken from you. That's, that's part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losing stuff. You find out that life is just a game of inches.

So is football. Because in either game life or football the margin for error is so small. I mean one half step too late or to early you don't quite make it. One half second too slow or too fast and you don't quite catch it.

The inches we need are everywhere around us. They are in ever break of the game every minute, every second. On this team, we fight for that inch On this team, we tear ourselves, and everyone around us to pieces for that inch. We CLAW with our finger nails for that inch. Cause we know when we add up all those inches that's going to make the fucking difference between WINNING and LOSING between LIVING and DYING.

I'll tell you this in any fight it is the guy who is willing to die who is going to win that inch. And I know if I am going to have any life anymore it is because, I am still willing to fight, and die for that inch because that is what LIVING is.

The six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You gotta look at the guy next to you. Look into his eyes. Now I think you are going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. You are going to see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team because he knows when it comes down to it, you are gonna do the same thing for him.

That's a team, gentlemen and either we heal now, as a team, or we will die as individuals.

That's football guys. That's all it is.

Now, whattaya gonna do?"

Repost for motivation.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Rotisserie BBQ Leg of lamb is on and smelling good.

Lid has been knocked off First Champers.

Dressing in Gold to start at 5:30.

Things looking good @ Chez Jarse although we are as jumpy as a Boston Family's Pet Turkey on the day before Thanksgiving Day.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Well fellas I'm off and won't be back until a while after it's all over. Here's to a great game, played in the right spirit by two great teams and with one thing more important than all that - the Wallabies win the thing. I don't know how likely it is but by God I hope they do it.

CARN WALLABIES!

Status
Not open for further replies.