• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
haha sure. i complete agree with you're approach, i just hope the players dont approach it like we do

I think some days they do...but if they're not up for today then they aren't human: they proved in Brisbane what they can do when they are up for it....so lets hope....shit I need to ring the doc - you got me to actually think about a positive outcome

R

RuckinGoodStats

Do you have a stat the breaks down the ratio of attacks to the left of the scrum/breakdown versus to the right?

Nope. Something to think about though. I have a couple of new things I want to collect next year, so I might put that on the list. THinking about what the #8 does with the scrum ball as well.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nope. Something to think about though. I have a couple of new things I want to collect next year, so I might put that on the list. THinking about what the #8 does with the scrum ball as well.

I recall that Warren Ryan had a theory about attacking on the right side and, I think , he claimed that mal Meninga could not defend on the left or vie versa or something.
It counterintuitive because most players are right handed and hence pass better right to left....

W

Waylon

Patience
You're acting like a kiwi rugby player
Remember the fable of the young bull and the old bull
The young bull runs down to the back paddock to nail one of the heiffers
The old bull walks down and nails the lot

J

Jumpers

The RWC has been a great success and has been well supported. Tonites game will be won or lost in the tight five, forward domination, set pieces, scrums, line outs, break downs, team that kicks their goals, composure, making good decisions and leadership. All these are qualities needed to win the RWC. History, tradition and stats don't come into it-look either team can beat each other on their day.
Admittley the Wannabes have not had an impressive WC while the ABs have had a fairly good WC performance. Although I would like to pick the ABs to win however if the Wannabes were fortunate to win tonight I would support the Wannabes over the French in the final! I would enjoy just like the ABs the Wannabes winning the final and good luck to both teams!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
The RWC has been a great success and has been well supported. Tonites game will be won or lost in the tight five, forward domination, set pieces, scrums, line outs, break downs, team that kicks their goals, composure, making good decisions and leadership. All these are qualities needed to win the RWC. History, tradition and stats don't come into it-look either team can beat each other on their day.
Admittley the Wannabes have not had an impressive WC while the ABs have had a fairly good WC performance. Although I would like to pick the ABs to win however if the Wannabes were fortunate to win tonight I would support the Wannabes over the French in the final! I would enjoy just like the ABs the Wannabes winning the final and good luck to both teams!!!

I will support ANYONE over the french in the final- even if australia have no backs left whatsoever and whole back row forced to play wings and FB, they will still beat them

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
You should approach all encounters against the Blackness with the expectation of loss.

True for the ABs and did the same last Sunday with the Boks. Was busy during the game. How sweet it was to learn that we got up and then watch the replay completely at peace with the world. Can it be today too?

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I dont think at this point in time we will win. But you never know with this team, they have the potential to beat anyone, and as someone said after the Brisbane test, "we know now that when we play with that intensity no team in the world can handle us"

F

Fredfreduels

Supposedly New Zealand are without their best player Sam Darter. They are talking up this Richard McCore character but I don't think I've ever heard of him.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

Can someone please blow the f***n whistle and get this started? I feel like I am going to barf and there is 6 hours to go!

Like starting a Pocket run, a wondering why I ate lunch. Meanwhile, the bats continue to scream. (Old memories!)

C

chriscullen

Just been dosed up on morphine , got an early release from hospital so I can watch the game. I'm excited!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Feeling optimistic. Could just be that Fox has kindly shown our other 2 semi-final wins over the ABs. Wonder if Robbie has advised the squad to do the same this week?

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Too young for the Campese era so its been great to see him play as well. Incredible ability & ahead of his time.

R

RuckinGoodStats

If you're willing to do the analysis, I'm very happy to read it!

Excellent stuff.

If that was for me, cheers and it that type of positive comment you will get on G&GR, other website they will "remember' some stat so that make it true. There is a bit of banter, but its well intended

Status
Not open for further replies.