• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Which I think means if the ABs win the thing, SA could end up #2, NZ #1, and Oz dropping down while one of Wales nor France come up a bit and the other gets a plus then a minus and stays put.

From my calculations, there is no chance that SA can get #2. #3 is as good as they can hope for at this point (and only 2 chances of that). #4 is much more likely.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Last update was that KB (Kurtley Beale) wasn't looking good, but not ruled out yet. I have nothing else on Kepu or Pat.

Kepu had a scan on his ankle after rolling it in the quarter-final. The team remain hopeful he will be fit, but will know more by Thursday.

They are also confident that McCabe's injured shoulder will improve in time for selection.

http://www.rugby.com.au/wallabies/News/NewsArticle/tabid/1516/ArticleID/4717/Default.aspx

That seems to be about the extent of the official updates available at this stage.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
As has been said I would be keen for Cooper and Barnes to share 15/10.

Defence nothing changes.

First phase ball let Cooper take it, then Barnes can choose when to kick from then on and play Cooper in as a second-receiver where he is dangerous as well. As noted, cooper can inject himself into first-receiver and have no qualms about being tackled.

For Barnes to be an effective decision maker and be able to control the game, he needs to be able to access the ball easily. If you throw him in at 12, there will times when he decides a tactical kick is needed, but he won't be able to do so. With Barnes at 10, Cooper can still play a lot of first receiver, but Barnes can 'OK' it before hand so that an opportunity for a tactical kick will not be missed.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I'm all for Slipper coming in for this one even if Kepu is fit. Verse the boks he had second lowest tackle count, and was the only forward with no runs. Slipper scrummaged very well when he got on so his strength around the park must have him very close.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Kepu had his best game of the cup so far. He definitely gave his best scrummaging performance of the cup, made 12 tackles and didn't miss one.

Alexander made 11 tackles, missed 5 and had one hit up and a scrum penalty.

I don't think this is really the time to drop Kepu. He's finally playing pretty well.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Dick Tooth (41)
can't see horne coming in except maybe on the bench
Faainga was solid when he came on and has game time recently. Horne is a couple weeks out of action. Besides that, if i was a coach, given how often he gets injured i wouldn't want to risk him starting and buggering himself again.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I think Kepu had his best game of the cup so far. He definitely gave his best scrummaging performance of the cup, made 12 tackles and didn't miss one.

Alexander made 11 tackles, missed 5 and had one hit up and a scrum penalty.

I don't think this is really the time to drop Kepu. He's finally playing pretty well.

Slipper for Alexander. No need to drop anybody. Slipper must get significant game time. He has too big an engine to waste on the bench.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
The stats are off as always, kepu had at least one run bringing the ball back from the in goal area when he picked up the injury but is listed as having no runs

Yep agree. Stats may be handy but they can also be useless without context.

T

tblackadder

if we can win this one with the duck or the midget at 10 then we will have really earned the cup......that balances the home ground advantage nz otherwie has...........

donald doing something to win a game for the abs in a world cup...........that would be worthy of a t shirt

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I'm picking Horne on bench McCabe to play. Horne start, Ant to bench if Selectors not satisfied Patty's shoulder is good.

Barnes to 10 Cooper to 15 if Beale is out.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Thats where you're wrong, Will be here again, we play you at the millenium in November

Dai, I am a NZer. sounds like a rematch of the 3rd and 4th playoff ;-)

BTW, I am really enjoying how wales are playing and I do hope they get to the final. Would be fantastic.

W

What2040

Slipper for Alexander. No need to drop anybody. Slipper must get significant game time. He has too big an engine to waste on the bench.

Big engines are going to be needed by all the forwards, not just the bully boys up front. Am sure this will be a fantastic and very fast game. Oz by 6

Dam0

Dave Cowper (27)
Is there any thought being given to dropping Quade? Maybe putting him on the bench to come on if things get hairy towards the end. I thought he was appallingly bad on Saturday. It wasn't just that his skills weren't up to it, it was that he looked totally lost whenever he touched the ball. Barnes, on the other hand, looked a picture of composure, is a better tackler and you don't lose all that much in attack with him.

Is it too late to be thinking so?

Status
Not open for further replies.