• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Good question. But i think the answer is yes... one moment of brilliance could win it for us this weekend. We saw last week that the early try was the difference. Even if he's only going to last for 50 minutes, I'd still select him.

I think not. Half-healed hammies are a ticking bomb. Firstly, by playing just a few days too soon he could end up with a grade three tear, be out for half of next season and have recurring injuries throughout his career. Secondly, it increases the risk of us losing multiple players during the game to injuries they are carrying into it, leaving us with forwards in the backs because we've run out of backs replacements. Thirdly, with proper care he may still be right for the final, and with all due respect to the All Blacks, the final is what it's all about.

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

That logical thinking ain't going to wash with Wallaby selectors.

Notwithstanding hammies in comparison to other ailments, I present, for the jury's deliberation: Rob Horne and Wycliff Palu.

B

BRIX

It's Mr Doug and his red undies, I think.
My ritual is to get bloody nervous, and assume the worst. Anything better is a bonus!

Haha, yeah. It's Mr. Doug and his red socks. Shame on you for thinking they were red budgie smugglers!

jason

Sydney Middleton (9)
What other rituals are there out there in Gaggerland to help your mob win? Darkness supporters are also welcome to post their rituals or plans for Sunday?

Gold budgy smugglers. Was wearing them the day the Reds beat the Cru and in the 3N final. Bring it on.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Good news team Oz, I'm wearing the "lucky red jocks" [as in Qld Reds] again today, after the 'brain-snap' that led to me wearing green against Ireland!

Cyclopath was right. For a minute there BRIX had me nearly ready to use the "REPORT POSTER" button on Mr Doug related to the possibility that his use of "Red Socks" could be construed as being for the Darkness (a la Americas Cup). Thankfully I decided to check the actual post (above) from Mr Doug to confirm it was his grundies.

08umema

I think it may be Daz, but one gaggerlander wears lucky viewing undies to get the Men in Gold home. On the Ireland game, the lucky undies were in the wash and what happened?

Last weekend, the Chez Jarse was visited by thieves who stole a bottle of champers while we weren't looking, and then tipped the second bottle out again while we weren't looking. Our pre-game ritual this week will be to get more champers in.

We will be firing up the barbie and will be throwing another prawn on for a couple of Darkness hostages. One way or other, regardless of winner, I think the champers thieves may be back, and we could lose the lot.

What other rituals are there out there in Gaggerland to help your mob win? Darkness supporters are also welcome to post their rituals or plans for Sunday?

I don't shower and wear my wallabies jersey for three days straight while drinking XXXX Bitters.

T

tblackadder

If Beale is ruled out I think Barnes at 10 & Quade at 15 is perfect, they don't need to move anyone around in defence & the other Bonus would be Digby with more ball in hand as he misses out on a lot of counter attacking chances when defending @ 10.

If Beale is 50/50 is he worth the risk?

surely if quade is moved to 15 u limit his attacking opportunities....not so good for you i would have thought

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
surely if quade is moved to 15 u limit his attacking opportunities....not so good for you i would have thought

Most of Coopers attack is coming from turnovers and kick returns.

Both are usually starting while he is standing at 15, "keeping fresh" while others defend his channel.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Maybe cyclopath was confusing the size of one's feet equating to the amount of budgie smuggled.
I can assure you all I can spot the difference between what's in sox and what's in jocks.
Mr Doug has bright red jocks
He tells me he has no red socks
He wore the jocks to fox the Boks
We did not have to play the Jocks
Jocks, socks, fox and Boks
I wish that this could rhyme with Blacks!

pissedoffihavetoregister

Alfred Walker (16)
My missus pulled out the lucky red lipstick on Sunday. It seemed to work, just like it has done for the tahs at the bundy bar many years ago. She will be down in Sydney on Sunday, so she will try it again. Cheers dave

T

tblackadder

just got a couple of radio scripts to review for a wallaby sponsor to be played after the semi on sunday......

there is one for a wallaby loss and one for a wallaby win........

nice to see such confidence !

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
I wish that this could rhyme with Blacks!

Mr Doug needs bright red slacks
If we are to beat the the blacks
Not too tight or he'll have to wax
Looks like he was one of the backs
Lets hope the sounds from eden park
from kiwis all start with fark.
Fark, four more years Fark, Fark, Fark

Status
Not open for further replies.