• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF2: Australia vs. New Zealand

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
As it's been said already, it's interesting with Barnes at 15 because it deploys a similar defense game plan to that of the reds this year. This would allow Digby to counterattack with Cooper and JOC (James O'Connor), while Barnes moves up into the 10 channel. I think you get more with Barnes being there as he's able to distribute the ball much better than digby, without losing much on defense.

That also said, I think that Beale offered a real attacking threat and he'll be a big loss to the Wallabies.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
If only Lucas was in the squad. I said earlier this year that he seems to have a calming influence on QC (Quade Cooper). He could have stepped in for KB (Kurtley Beale) at 15. He is also super at the break down and a gun defender.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
And where are the Sydney G&GR brigade going to meet on Sunday arvo? I'm going to go all noble: Lord Dudley or Nelson for me.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Scotty, I think your right about the jerseys... And I certainly hope about the rest of it!

That said, I really hope KB (Kurtley Beale) is okay. Talk about being due a big game...

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
If only Lucas was in the squad. I said earlier this year that he seems to have a calming influence on QC (Quade Cooper). He could have stepped in for KB (Kurtley Beale) at 15. He is also super at the break down and a gun defender.

I agree with you VFR. As did Link far more importantly, who suggested just this selection of Lucas before the RWC started. Lucas not tested at this level, but, bar Samoa, neither was Phipps by a long chalk. Phipps is IMO a totally 'wasted' selection as there is no versatility or even pressure-game record there (Lucas played very well in many big Reds games) and if we are down to him at 9 in a big RWC finals game with no Burgess or Genia, we might as well be booking tickets home. And I think Lucas can play 9 if needed, IIRC.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hope one of NZ stomp on Vickermans face so hard a sprig goes through his cheek then leans over him and says 'Thats for Heinrich you cheating skippy cu_nt'

Vickerman is kak always was. Typical custard wearing skippy convict cu_nts to take out best no7 there is in the ruck then he gets subbed off.

Typical cheats hope you lot get rolled by NZ

I love a South African whine.

Full of sour grapes.

GK_pinotage_2006.jpg

Reactions: BDA

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I would think if Beale out,Deans would just drop Ashely-Cooper back wouldn't he?

If it isn't barnes then I think the next option would be JOC (James O'Connor) who played at 15 during this rwc already. However it means a reshuffle in the centres or turner getting a start and I doubt turner will be thrown into the sf after no game time.

J

Jumpers

The Wallabies got smashed, beaten and chewed by the Boks in their QF. Recovery will be important But the question is can the Wallabies get up and backup their Boks win a week later? I have doubts? Physically and metally it was a real hiding the Wallabies took and injuries will dictate the Wallabies makeup. Have the Wallabies played their final already?

Status
Not open for further replies.