• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Second Red card of the RWC isn't it? Williams for Samoa v Saffa- striking the face of Broussouw IIRC. There are plenty who were not happy with that card either.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Parra PK from 22m out. now 3/3 - Blue 9 Red 3. 50 minutes gone.

Both teams seem to have lost confidence in running the ball. Rain seems to have come back to the Park (or at least it seemed to be from recent close up shot).
The weather is impacting. Teams seem to be reverting to old style "NH" wet weather territory tactics.

S

Squeak

Both of these teams have good reason to keep the ball in hand, and refuse to. The game is there to take for either team, and they just won't do it.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
By my rules, Les Frogge were first to score in 10 minutes after 1/2 time. In tight wet weather game, 6 point lead for Les Blue is probably enough to carry them through to the end vs the 14 brave Boyos in Red.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Out of all the spear tackles you have seen in the last few years, what percentage do you think got red?

I suspect it would be lower than 5%.

Almost every tackle I've seen, where the player is lifted almost 180 degrees has received a yellow or Red card. Refs were strict in the super15 right from the get go. Rory Sidey got a red card in week 2 for a similar tackle technique.

Even when the players aren't carded for these tackles, they are still suspended for a week by the judiciary (ie: James O'connor week 17). They know full-well not to turn players over the 90 degrees, it is clear.

Refs know spear tackles are red card offences. Players know this. I don't think there are any good objections to this view.

Feel free to disagree, I expect some people too. But I reckon Sam will end up getting a 1 week suspension.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
#9 101kg Prop Phillips over for a try. Finally.

Conversion was POSTER and missed off to the left from Davies. Red 8 Blue 9. 59 minutes gone.

T

thedubs

Go on, my son. If the conversion is got the french might crack. Great try by the second row. I mean scrum half.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Almost every tackle I've seen, where the player is lifted almost 180 degrees has received a yellow or Red card. Refs were strict in the super15 right from the get go. Rory Sidey got a red card in week 2 for a similar tackle technique.

Even when the players aren't carded for these tackles, they are still suspended for a week by the judiciary (ie: James O'connor week 17). They know full-well not to turn players over the 90 degrees, it is clear.

Refs know spear tackles are red card offences. Players know this. I don't think there are any good objections to this view.

Feel free to disagree, I expect some people too. But I reckon Sam will end up getting a 1 week suspension.

This was 90 degrees lift and maybe 135 in the fall: got the stats on that

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.