• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 SF1 - Wales v France

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Tipping a player almost 180 degrees and dropping him is a textbook red-card. I'm sure people will disagree, and if they are right Sam will get to play next week. But Rolland didn't exactly make an incorrect decision (as it currently seems).

All good and well if there is consistency but fact is there isn't and it wasn't the time for him to be Robinson Caruso.

W

white lightning

Talking bullshit there is plenty of disincentive with yellow and go on report

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
Got to the game late. Just saw the tackle. Right decsision I think. Dangerous position and tackler didn't pull out.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
All good and well if there is consistency but fact is there isn't and it wasn't the time for him to be Robinson Caruso.

Why is it inconsistent? Have there been any similar spear tackles that refs have let go during the WC?

Players know if they tip a player over 90 degrees, they are getting yellow or red. This happened the whole super15 and Tri Nations. I reckon it is one of the clearest rules we have in rugby.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Horrible thought. Fast forward 24 hours. What if Sir David of Bam gets similar treatment? We would be absolutely stuffed.

The Boyo's are doing awesomely well considering they are 14 vs 15, missing their Captain, #1 choice 5/8, and a first choice front rower.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Horrible thought. Fast forward 24 hours. What if Sir David of Bam gets similar treatment? We would be absolutely stuffed.

The Boyo's are doing awesomely well considering they are 14 vs 15, missing their Captain, #1 choice 5/8, and a first choice front rower.

I reckon quade is more likley

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
the funny thing is that the welsh are still in this up toi their eyeballs. The french seem to be getting worse as the game goes on.

John the baptist

Stan Wickham (3)
No one would have complained if the Welsh 7 was yellow carded. Because that is what 90 percent of the referees do. You just don't set a precedent this late in the tournament. Red cards for spear tackles haven't ever been the case. That is a rubbish call.

I'm sorry, but a red card ruins the game.

A red card may well ruin the game - but that is absolutely no basis for not giving a red card.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Why is it inconsistent? Have there been any similar spear tackles that refs have let go during the WC?

Players know if they tip a player over 90 degrees, they are getting yellow or red. This happened the whole super15 and Tri Nations. I reckon it is one of the clearest rules we have in rugby.

Out of all the spear tackles you have seen in the last few years, what percentage do you think got red?

I suspect it would be lower than 5%.

Status
Not open for further replies.