• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC 2011 - Pool D - Fiji, Namibia, Wales, South Africa, Samoa

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

potjiekos

The boks have to revert to structured phase play..... Samoans are spoiling for an 'open' game.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Far out Samoa you needed a few guys at the breakdown! A nice bit of running Rugby from Samoa there.

...and now the ref gets in the way, god that guy is giving me the shits.

HT SA lead 13-0.

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Classic Springbok rugby... don't like swearing but fuck they're gay. So dull to watch Frans steyn continuously attempting 60m penalties. Owens didn't help by getting in the way at the end

Swarley

Bob Loudon (25)
Tusi Pisi is really playing well, he and Fotuali'i make a great combo with real flair.

But the Springboks are stealing the show. Steyn has been phenomenal since switching to #12, and BdP really lifts the forwards. Nobody could say that Smit is more positively influential, the pack look just as motivated and a lot more skilled and tough. Fourie, Steyn, BdP, Mtawarira, Habana and Burger all having blinders.

P

potjiekos

Funny how Wayne Barnes only has eyes for SA knock-ons..... yet he fails to observe the numerous 'off-the-ball' incidents. If Nigel Owens doesn't proactively police these areas, this game might just turn into one big slugfest.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
To be honest SA got the rub of the green in the 1st half from the referee. Hopefully its more even handed in the second.

Habana got a knock, doesnt look so good, suspected cork? Nope, still out there, looked like a bad landing.

SA may well push this scrum right over the try line. But Samoa hang on.

Habana off.

Around 48min in I thought Samoa lost the ball forward at the line-out so a bit of luck maybe going the other way there.

Holy crap Hougaard (spell check) looks like he's in big trouble. Looks similar to A. Fingers knee to the head in the USA game. He looks better than A. Finger did, gone off for blood so maybe just stunned not knocked out.

SAMOA ARE IN AFTER A FANTASTIC BACK LINE MOVE!!!! (with some more luck again, def tipped the balance back in this half).

I wonder what the go is with Danie being taken off? Not a good sign, one of the best in the SA pack, IMO.

53min In & now Samoa undo some of their good work with that try by giving away a penalty for offside. Morne misses the conversion. Good news for SA is Danie is back on.

56min the Samoans busted for being held when they were not. Samoa win a SA line-out though - didnt think I'd see that happen!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Damn it!!!! So close Samoa! A great little blind side move, some good penetrative running from the Samoan backs. But great tackle by Burger there!

Status
Not open for further replies.