• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rumour: Deans could be gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well I'll just say it, I don't think he should until TRC is finished. Let's not forget our record against the Saffers under Deans, it's very good.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Simon Poidevin two days ago:

Poidevin believed Deans deserved the right to see out his deal, with the only exception being if the man himself decided he'd run out of answers.

"Well you wouldn't make a change now, why would you make a change
now, it's ridiculous," Poidevin told AAP.

"Robbie Deans is a very honest person and if he thinks he can't do the job he'll step aside.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Richo: Yes. It would so surely be a moment of great joy throughout the land. Like the end of WWII perhaps, or man landing on the moon, or such like.
Unfortunately, most of the land couldn't give a rats about the Wallaby coach.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think that there are five possible/likely candidates with enough gravitas to be considered:
  1. Link: Would be the favourite but given his competence and straight talking he won't get JON's vote. Still possible.
  2. Nucifora: Incompetent coach but very good politician when dealing with those above him. Bookies favourite?
  3. White: Suffers from being non-Australian, otherwise has the credentials in spades.
  4. Totality Tony: Impressed the Board, despite his press interviews.
  5. Cheika: Probably needs to have two good years at the Tahs and then take over from the incumbent. NH credentials OK but needs to prove himself at home.
Jeez, I hope I am not getting ahead of myself.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think that there are five possible/likely candidates with enough gravitas to be considered:
  1. Link: Would be the favourite but given his competence and straight talking he won't get JON's vote. Still possible.
  2. Nucifora: Incompetent coach but very good politician when dealing with those above him. Bookies favourite?
  3. White: Suffers from being non-Australian, otherwise has the credentials in spades.
  4. Totality Tony: Impressed the Board, despite his press interviews.
  5. Cheika: Probably needs to have two good years at the Tahs and then take over from the incumbent. NH credentials OK but needs to prove himself at home.
Jeez, I hope I am not getting ahead of myself.

I'm not sure that I get your drift Hawko. Do you mean that as a negative or are you intimating that that would provide us with continuity?

Status
Not open for further replies.