• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 5 - Jaguares v Reds, Jose Amalfitani Stadium, Sunday 26 March @ 7:40am AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hunts ball and all tackle around the chest is at least 6 weeks.
Fraser to scared blow up shoulder charges against the jaguars

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I didn't see the incident for the card, the Stormers also had, in my opinion anyway, a really tough call to receive their yellow earlier.

The Reds are hanging in there - so far.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Coaches really need to tell teams to hold onto the ball. There's a better then 50% chance the defending team will have a player accidentally slip up high or go high and thus give away penalties or get carded. After seeing that silly penalty against Hunt just before half-time, I wonder how long it is before rugby becomes a game of "hold onto the ball and get the opposition sent to the bin or sent off or penalised out of the game".

danfletcherau

Frank Row (1)
First half thoughts are quite concerning. Reds are looking a bit scared to hang on to the ball which is fair enough in my opinion as their attack and ruck security is stale and weak so far. Ball from the back of the ruck is slow 80% of the time which is allowing the defense to reset and then we have flat footed forward runners and Jake McIntyre killing any chance of successive gain line advances. IMO we need to threaten the fringes of the ruck more and force them to commit defenders to that zone. If we can do this (and actually support a player who breaks the first tackle) then I really think we have a chance to burst through on those short channels or out wide.

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
How are they playing? The reds could easily win this game, all they need is to stop stupid kicks and a fly-half who doesn't run backwards before passing it. There are 2 or more Argie's waiting next to whoever is getting the pass from McIntyre

Edit: typo

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Perfect example of what's wrong with the new contact with the head protocols: Jags player being stretchered off after getting his head in the wrong place trying to tackle Nabuli, other way around it's at least a yellow card.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
That was dreadful D from Red 12. De la Fuente gets a double & Hernandez doesn't even bother to get the tee out, Jags 22-3 & Reds have another half hour to get through.............

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Your posts add absolutely no value to the thread. We understand, Aussie rugby isn't looking good at the moment.

I'm a Jaguares supporter. I'm just saying that is sad the current status of Aussie rugby, when I was a child Aussie rugby used to be very feared here

Status
Not open for further replies.