• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 5 - Jaguares v Reds, Jose Amalfitani Stadium, Sunday 26 March @ 7:40am AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Real Comedy Capers stuff from the Reds. They look like startled rabbits when they make a line break, they have no idea what they are doing.

The 2017 Reds have not improved one iota since Round 1, and they were arguably better then than now.

Given the players at their disposal, by any standard and after 5 Rounds, the 2017 Reds look poorly coached, and the team appears to lack cohesion in most aspects of their play, defensively and offensively.

The QRU knew the large risks they were taking opting in 2017 for a complete deck of wholly unproven coaches at Super level. All 'good local rugby men'.........after the extensive 'global search' in 2016 allegedly looking for new coaches emanating from outside the vistas of the Ballymore car park.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
our squad on paper is the envy of the other 4 sides (maybe not the tahs) but we look the worst. only points to one thing.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Jake McIntire isn't good enough to be playing Super Rugby.

Unfortunately, so much of this angst stems back to that.

A competent, fit 10 makes such a massive difference, and with Jake and QCs knee, this team has barely had that at any stage for years

You cannot seriously argue that JMcI is/was this team's central problem. Has QC (Quade Cooper) had a stellar 2017, has Moore, has Smith? What about the overall Reds' error rate in this game?

Whatever, JMcI was a total pet of Graham's, and was ludicrously over-indulged and over-promoted as the supposed back-up to QC (Quade Cooper) under RG.

Meanwhile, young QLD 10s of way better potential, eg S Greene and M Mason, were effectively cast aside, one now in Japan, the other, guess where, at the
Tahs.

The QRU's rugby establishment is badly broken; it lacks real rugby nous and is dangerously insular in its culture.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Todd Blackadder...
Toddy won jack shit with entire AB forward pack over 8 seasons. His legacy.

toddy_zpsdhqkpeop.jpg

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
You cannot seriously argue that JMcI is/was this team's central problem. Has QC (Quade Cooper) had a stellar 2017, has Moore, has Smith? What about the overall Reds' error rate in this game?

My position is that the Reds could have the best discipline in the comp, instead of the worst (50 penalties!), could have no yellow cards instead of 6 and a red, and it still wouldn't matter if McIntyre is playing 10 because he isn't good enough at this level (edit, and neither is an injured QC (Quade Cooper))

If you want to get into the reasons why he's on the field - QC (Quade Cooper), coaches, reds management etc then that's beyond the scope of my comment.

WE're seeing this problem of lack of competent 10s across the Aussie conference

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
our squad on paper is the envy of the other 4 sides (maybe not the tahs) but we look the worst. only points to one thing.

is that one thing a lack of depth across all aus squads, only 3 super quality 10s in all of Australia, a mass exodus of super quality players to Europe, the imminent collapse of super rugby in Aus, a lack of quality coaches, a marked decline in general ability to play the sport across all 5 franchises?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
For a team full of leaders, there is little direction. I put this down to a lack of vision. All our leaders are forwards. We are short a bit of brainpower in the backs. Quade and Hunt on form together is our only hope. Can't do it with one or the other. Has to be both and they both need to have an awesome game. Unfortunately Kerevi and Nabuli in particular are quite poor at positioning themselves correctly, in defence more likely worse so.

Still think this is where we are missing Genia. Quade the tactician and Genia was always a good little General.

This morning, Tuttle and Mcintyre had very little chat to give and WTF was that double pump pass from frisby to Thor....just let it go on the first movement champ...it's a pop ball, you don't need to wind it up and blow the opportunity...

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Todd Blackadder (was intimate knowledge of the best rugby franchise in the world, record includes 4 semi finals and 2 finals) vs a guy who coach Brisbane City and a forwards coach at the force.

N

NTT

So whats that 4 out 5 of our teams did not score a single second half point this weekend? Points to 3 things to me: Lack of fitness, lack of experience and lack of tactical nous in our coaches and players.
The biggest problem though is our players do not add pace to the attack. Flyhalfs running sideways, forward runners catching the ball standing still, carriers getting to the tackle line and then putting on footwork or slowing down into contact instead of just smashing through defenders. I mean its all good trying to show how skilfully you can run a second line play 20 metres behind the gain line but it gets you nowhere when you dont go forward first and create the momentum needed to put the defense back on its heels.
The try line is in front of you at all times, how abouts our playets try running at it flat out at pace?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Todd Blackadder (was intimate knowledge of the best rugby franchise in the world, record includes 4 semi finals and 2 finals) vs a guy who coach Brisbane City and a forwards coach at the force.

And, to your point, how many Finals had Link ever won when arriving at the Reds?

But his accumulated experience as HC at the upper reaches of Super rugby was invaluable.

Somehow too coming to a new club liberated the best in him.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
And, to your point, how many Finals had Link ever won when arriving at the Reds?

But his accumulated experience as HC at the upper reaches of Super rugby was invaluable.

Somehow too coming to a new club liberated the best in him.

Don't forget European rugby as well (and the Wallabies under two head coaches)! There were assistants under Link with top-level experience that could rival the entirety of the current staff unless I'm forgetting someone

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Toddy won jack shit with entire AB forward pack over 8 seasons. His legacy.

toddy_zpsdhqkpeop.jpg

Maybe not good enough for the most successful Super Rugby side as Crusaders. But for the Aussie standards he would be great. Ok, he didn't win the competition but their Crusaders played great footy

He always has been my first option for the job

Reactions: gel

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
is that one thing a lack of depth across all aus squads, only 3 super quality 10s in all of Australia, a mass exodus of super quality players to Europe, the imminent collapse of super rugby in Aus, a lack of quality coaches, a marked decline in general ability to play the sport across all 5 franchises?
mass exodus doesnt affect our squad... apart from our 10. although Mcintyre was chosen over greene leaving to his exodus.im talking about the reds o ly

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Maybe not good enough for the most successful Super Rugby side as Crusaders. But for the Aussie standards he would be great. Ok, he didn't win the competition but their Crusaders played great footy

He always has been my first option for the job
I always just assumed he was feeding the rumours about a possible Reds gig to drive up his value for the Bath job

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I always just assumed he was feeding the rumours about a possible Reds gig to drive up his value for the Bath job

It makes sense. I mean, the big money is there, work in OZ or NZ is almost the same for that purpose.

Since we are talking about Kiwis coaches, I'd like Dave Rennie for the Wallabies job after the RWC 2019. I respect to Cheika and he should coach in the next WC but Dave has made a fantastic job in Waikato, he's one of the best coach IMHO. I hope that he wants a challenge at international level. He was almost the Pumas coach, so probably he wants to test that level

Status
Not open for further replies.