• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Robbie Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
We could do worse than look to Bob Dwyer for an answer to that. It can never be right to focus on outcomes. Get the execution right and success will follow. This group of players will be veteran test players when they consistently get the execution right. Then they will be very hard to beat for any opposition.

4 more years Groucho?;)

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
We could do worse than look to Bob Dwyer for an answer to that. It can never be right to focus on outcomes. Get the execution right and success will follow. This group of players will be veteran test players when they consistently get the execution right. Then they will be very hard to beat for any opposition.

It's not about the destination....it's all about the journey.

Deans/Mitchell 2003 :)

08umema

If we end up winning this damn thing I will go get 'RD' tattooed on me somewhere. The crazy genius.

08umema

Get it on ur butt Rooster style. If anyone asks it means Rubbish Dump

I was thinking try and incorporate it into a bigger tattoo. But then again that is a good idea. Also a good cover.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I've lost faith that this guy is up there with GH, or Cement Head -Gatland. Just think he hasn;t managed the transition between a club/ franchise side and international level.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
To me, it is when they turn up mentally for each game, when they keep their structure under pressure and/or when they are winning easily.

The winning is what follows

There was wonderful structure last week in defence. I am yet to see any structure ever in attack.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Last weeks defense was brave and tireless but not really test. Tackling Burger and their big hardworking loosies is different to tackling a team of smart players like the AB's. The AB's will not be as dumb as the saffers and they will actually be able to execute accurately. This will be the test for the defense.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'm a big fan of the triple negative used in Molvanîa. Where you have to use phrases like "Is it not that the water is not undrinkable?"

I

Ilie Tabua's Shadow

I'm a big fan of the triple negative used in Molvanîa. Where you have to use phrases like "Is it not that the water is not undrinkable?"

Don't ever criticise the land of Eastern Europe's Beetroot Baron Jerko Guglob III.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
Sometimes I like to imagine that Robbie really is a master tactician playing the long game for the ultimate prize. We already know that ‘play what's in front of you’ is just a guise for Robbie does whatever he wants whenever he wants and doesn’t have to tell anyone about it. So what has he really been up to?

In year 1 he saw our greatest weakness as fitness and commitment in contact, so in year 2 we played helter skelter, hold the ball and play with lots of width rugby. Increasing our fitness and attacking ability while avoiding the commitment to contact. This finally got us over the Boks but composure at the finally moments against the AB’s was still required. We would be needed to play 80 min and trust in each other particularly in defence. Large leads were not advantageous as a young team sought to simply outscore the opposition not beat them with defence and attack.

In year 3 we continued to hone our attack despite Robbie knowing that World cups are won by defensive effort because he also knew that the All Blacks greatest strength outside of world cups was also their greatest weakness during. That is because they always lead the world they are constantly writing the play book, their game evolves to keep them in front of the pack it very rarely undergoes a major overhaul as it is not required. Most teams know how the AB's will play but can't do anything to stop it. While the All black don't really need different tactics against different teams as Plan A works so well.

Being a Kiwi Robbie also only understood Plan A but being a big picture man he knew that playing a better version of plan A against the ABs before the world cup would in fact give the advantage to ABs. He knew that an improvement on Plan A would only be beneficial for a short while as the other teams would quickly read the play book. He knew he could only reveal the ultimate plan A and the 11th hour. So he continued to make the world fear our attack, make it our opposition's sole consuming thought. All the while he kept working on the commitment to contact the desire to meet your opposition and get over the top of them.

Year 4 held at its end the potential for the ultimate glory but wise Robbie knew that breaking from the pack to early would see the Wallabies chased down and over run before the finishing line. So Robbie cunningly banned set moves from the backline, changed the pattern to same way every time and installed some big hearted centres who would tackle all game. He has know all along that behind his back creative types like Cooper and Co would continue to use set plays (they can't forget can they?). He may have even accidentally on purpose not been paying attention when calls where subtly made during training.

To start the year as the ultimate red herring he sent out a team without any plan, despite its on the nose effects to his followers Robbie knew that nothing good came without sacrifice and so some where thrown into fire. The cat almost jumped out of the bag after 40 fantastic minutes in Brisbane, so to aid the smoke screen of "jet lag and the tri nations didn't matter" and to fuel the fire of "the forwards are soft" he "rested" some key players and through another match all the while keeping is mind firmly focussed on the big prize that awaits.

Finally as time came to meet his maker and face sudden death, through his earlier cunning he had found the ultimate in 1 dimensional opposition to perfect committed, contact loving aggression coupled with a strong defence and self belief (Plan A, red shifted) while totally lacking vision and direction in attack. After many deposits in belief he had a team that could win without the flashy stuff indeed with barely any right to at all, they had reached the opposite end of the spectrum of to the all out attack of Plan A, blue shifted. Now as the Wallabies face their ultimate test between the ever entwined forces of light and dark, Gold and Black he awaits to see the full tecni-colour display laid out across the pitch mostly in hues of deep red but with the occasional flashes of electric blue.

On second thoughts maybe this belongs in the positivity (delusional) thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.