• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rio Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Channel 7 are showing the basketball on two different channels at the same time, but no 7s final. I understand showing the Oz bball and hockey teams but with 3 channels couldn't they show 3 events at the same time?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Channel 7 are showing the basketball on two different channels at the same time, but no 7s final. I understand showing the Oz bball and hockey teams but with 3 channels couldn't they show 3 events at the same time?

7Mate..........

And now on the main channel.

G

galumay

Fabulous win to the Fijians, Bula Bula!! I think its their first ever gold medal?

Was brilliant to see the Poms totally dominated, well played Fiji. I imagine the party will go on for some time.

Thankfully thats the end of my olympic watching, dont think i could stand much more of the hopelessly buggy Ch7 app i paid $20 for!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Still a very poor showing from Channel Seven.

Not in this instance...........

If anyone thinks that an Australian broadcaster is going to switch away from Australian teams competing to show a 7's Rugby Final - they're dreaming.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Not in this instance.....

If anyone thinks that an Australian broadcaster is going to switch away from Australian teams competing to show a 7's Rugby Final - they're dreaming.

Rubbish. They've got four channels.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
3 channels..

Only 2 of them fully dedicated to live events right now as Sunrise is on the main channel.

While not all can carry sports, they've actually got five spectral channels.

Two of which were showing basketball.

And no Sunrise in WA.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While not all can carry sports, they've actually got five spectral channels.

Two of which were showing basketball.

And no Sunrise in WA.

This is all fairly tedious, but..........

The main channel is currently showing Sunrise, even in WA.

The two other 7 channels (7Two and 7Mate) were showing basketball and hockey at the time - they're the only two fully dedicated live Olympic channels while Sunrise is on air.

7Flix doesn't carry sports.........

7HD is the main channel - in HD...........

And Racing.com, well..... that seems pretty obvious.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
However, they probably crossed briefly to the basketball, as they also did to the first half of the 7's final

The two other 7 channels were showing basketball and hockey at the time..
Probably? So three channels of basketball now. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Dear Ric Charlsworth, Fiji just smashed GB 43-7. Clearly a soft medal.. You bloody numpty.

Only the women - not the men......

"I think the women's rugby sevens is a soft event whereas the men's is a much more competitive event and gives a country like Fiji a chance at the Olympics, and that's wonderful," Charlesworth said.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Probably? So three channels of basketball now. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing.

Er, no.........

Sunrise regularly crosses briefly to live events in between their other rubbish to show what's going on...........

They also showed a bit of the first half of the 7's final, and a bit of the hockey, and whatever else was going on...........

I'm not sure how you've come to three channels though?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Usual crap Olympics broadcast from Channel 7, they do it every time. WTF do they think we, the viewers, are interested in those ugly wank-sessions from the big-glass studios? They tell us NOTHING we don't already know and take up valuable viewing time when we'd rather be watching events, any events. And what is it about slipping in references to AFL at every opportunity? What relevance does a narrow, insular, provincial sport have to do with international competitions?

Just wait until next week when there're few Aussies running around in athletics, that's when the mind-numbingly general interest pieces pop up with painful regularity. Interviews with swimmers wandering around the shops and cafes in Rio. Little Jimmy/Charlotte boring us with their life stories leading up to flashbacks of early morning pool sessions.

How could a professional broadcaster not get three sports on three channels? Can't they count? And if I see one more of those garish studio shots I'll scream. Another thing Channel 7: I have no intention of watching ANY of your post-games programs, putting your promos up while detracting from my games viewing experience kills them for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.