• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Waratahs, 2011R10

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
An interesting match-up will be Daley and Robinson - Robinson much better at scrum time than daley but Daley much better around park. Time to see Benn R step up and work hard around rucks mauls. Question is can he ever regain that form that made him the Best LHP in the world. All Daley has to do is improve radicly at scrum time and he will be a big chance of making Wallaby selection.

Big all, but Daley et al scrummaged well against the SA sides.

Robinson is pretty handy around the park.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Big all, but Daley et al scrummaged well against the SA sides.

Robinson is pretty handy around the park.

The Bok sides aren't that great at scrum time and shouldn't be considered a major milestone. The Tahs haven't had issues with them for a few years.

The Crusaders are the benchmark, they are the best scrum in the comp by a long way, the Tahs were smashed for a while until Robbo came on.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
An interesting match-up will be Daley and Robinson - Robinson much better at scrum time than daley but Daley much better around park. Time to see Benn R step up and work hard around rucks mauls. Question is can he ever regain that form that made him the Best LHP in the world. All Daley has to do is improve radicly at scrum time and he will be a big chance of making Wallaby selection.

Daley's not 'much better' around the park than Robinson, if at all. Robinson has exceptional skills in addition to his work in the tight. You'll often see him at scrum half for rucks for the Wallabies, and making turnovers like a seven.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Daley's not 'much better' around the park than Robinson, if at all. Robinson has exceptional skills in addition to his work in the tight. You'll often see him at scrum half for rucks for the Wallabies, and making turnovers like a seven.

Normally the last forward to the ruck gets to be scrumhalf though....

But agree that his all round skills are great. At the moment, Daly seems to have a slightly better work rate, but not all the skills that Robbo has.

T

TheTruth

Normally the last forward to the ruck gets to be scrumhalf though....

But agree that his all round skills are great. At the moment, Daly seems to have a slightly better work rate, but not all the skills that Robbo has.

Agree with that Scotty - my comments were not to bag Robo but just want to see him back at his best - very very important for RWC

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
15 Lucas
14 Morahan
13 Fainga'a
12 Harris
11 Diggers
10 Quade
9 Sanchez

8 Higgers
7 Beau
6 Samo
5 Horwill
4 Simmons
3 Shepherdson
2 Fainga'a
1 Daley

16 Hanson
17 Holmes
18 AWH
19 Leroy
20 Gill
21 Chambers
22 Shipperley

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Great news on Morahan, I rate the guy a lot. Thinking future wallaby if either Mitchell or Digby is injured.

T

TOCC

with Shepherdson starting, it makes Link look even more like a genius for giving him game time in the Republic

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
That is a good team. third week in a row for that back row. Looks like we have settled on what we want.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That is a good team. third week in a row for that back row. Looks like we have settled on what we want.

And hardly any injuries. This is the first time they have lost a prop due to injury I think. Would everybody be saying how well the Reds were going if S. Fainga'a, Hanson, Daley, Robinson, Higgers, Cooper and A. Fainga'a had had extensive time out due to injury. I doubt it.

Amazing how much luck plays a part in being successful. I would think the Brumbies would have gone a whole lot better if Moore, Edmonds, Elsom, Chapman, McCabe and Hoiles had been fit for the first half of the season.

T

TOCC

Luck or a good conditioning program with a smart rotational policy...
How many of those rotations have been made due to niggling injuries?
Reds haven't been without injury, Horwill, Hynes, Tapuai, Shatz, Toua, Wallace-Harrison, Lucas, Slipper, Davies, Humpries and Samo are all players who haven't been considered for selection due to injury at some point this season.

O

OLDDOG

That's official. Davies out with knee injury sustained last week.

Morahan also announced he has resigned with the Reds for another 2 years in more good news for us.

re - signed not resigned. u gave me a fright till i re read it... :)

T

tranquility

Reds haven't been without injury, Horwill, Hynes, Tapuai, Shatz, Toua, Wallace-Harrison, Lucas, Slipper, Davies, Humpries and Samo are all players who haven't been considered for selection due to injury at some point this season.

Good post. I was going to have a crack at it myself, but I didn't bother.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)

Well it's obviously Luck then!

Status
Not open for further replies.