• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Wales, Suncorp Stadium - 19/7

dru

Tim Horan (67)
What a game. Not sure Wales understood how much the Reds wanted an upset. With the number of Reds in Wallabies camp there is some real strength building here.

Thank you Wales for offering the opportunity.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Cracking game. Some really nice touches from both sides.

giphy.gif

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Just watching the interview with Asiata. How good is our depth at 2 all of a sudden.

I bumped into George Blake a little earlier today. What a shit job being the finishing hooker, on to meet a determined Welsh line-out maul on the try line. Then the tackle that shouldn't have been. A scrum which reminded of a Footrot flats cartoon. [Scrum, biff starts with the set, ball rolls out and the biff continues. "hey lads, the ball has gone out" "stuff the ball, get on with the game"] Then a try assist outside wide linking Toomaga-Allen with an outside back. (Who was it that scored again?)

Faessler and Nasser at the Wallabies.

We are doing OK with Hookers.

Reactions: TSR

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Asiata, Toomaga-Allen, Uru, O'Connor, Campbell and Grealy all excellent watching at the ground. Pakeho really good for a 19 year old on debut. Rebels trio all did well to rip in when they got on. I reckon if Flook is out there at 13 with Ryan on Aubrey's wing we win that.

Still we looked pretty well connected for a make shift backline, these post season fixtures are going to be so bloody valuable for next season.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I reckon if Flook is out there at 13 with Ryan on Aubrey's wing we win that.

Still we looked pretty well connected for a make shift backline, these post season fixtures are going to be so bloody valuable for next season.
Yeah it was a bit of a shame - Ryan by no means had a bad showing, but you could tell he couldn't play his natural game and needed more space. Props to him for stepping into 13 when we were short on other options though.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Yeah it was a bit of a shame - Ryan by no means had a bad showing, but you could tell he couldn't play his natural game and needed more space. Props to him for stepping into 13 when we were short on other options though.
Oh, I don't think Ryan did too poorly, it was probably more Aubrey who got found out. Admittedly it wasn't so much the game for him as the smallest man in a small backline. If Anderson had signed a couple of weeks earlier he probably would have started ahead of him.