• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Wales, Suncorp Stadium - 19/7

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Oh, I don't think Ryan did too poorly, it was probably more Aubrey who got found out. Admittedly it wasn't so much the game for him as the smallest man in a small backline. If Anderson had signed a couple of weeks earlier he probably would have started ahead of him.
Ah fair enough - agree Ryan wasn't poor, but just could tell he couldn't get in the game like he wanted to.

Watching from home I actually thought Aubrey had a pretty strong showing. A couple of defensive misreads, but apart from that he seemed pretty involved and did his job without much ball in hand at all.

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
Wales don't deserve to win

They only just beat a team that got thrashed in the QF missing its best 10-15 players
If the referee didn’t award the Reds a try and conversion off a pass a mile forward Wales would have had at least an 8 point win. Where’s the use of technology in that shocker? Great game by both sides though.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
IMG_0993.jpeg

dru

Tim Horan (67)
It will be interesting to compare the involvement of the centres with the Reds tonight compared to the Wallabies. Yes, I get that the Reds are comparatively a developed team with game plan that reflects times together and that the Wallabies cant play risk the way the Reds, almost Barbarian-like could. Still. JOC (James O'Connor) seemed much more involved than the Wallaby 10s and our centres actually got the ball.

I thought Ryan looke pretty decent at 13 albeit you'd want him to bulk up.

Pretty proud of the pack, that was a tough gig and we were down plenty of starters.

Yoda

Syd Malcolm (24)
Terrible biased commentary by Hoiles, hoping Reds will lose. Agree complete flog.
He called the forward pass because it was. By a mile. He also called that a Reds penalty shouldn’t have been awarded because the forward wasn’t supporting his own body weight. Because he wasn’t. It was a great game though but Wales would have been robbed if the Reds had won. Reds have plenty of depth. How many more Rebels will they get?

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
briefly looking through the comments,’somewhat surprised at the negative reactions. As a spectator I at the match I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Damon Murphy annoyed me, probably because I kept having flashbacks to the time he cut in front of me at the cafe and ordered(didn’t pay) for 7 others, and failed to acknowledge me once. But.. let me get past that….

as a half welsh household it was a bittersweet night, good game overall though.

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
briefly looking through the comments,’somewhat surprised at the negative reactions. As a spectator I at the match I thoroughly enjoyed the game.

Damon Murphy annoyed me, probably because I kept having flashbacks to the time he cut in front of me at the cafe and ordered for others, and failed to acknowledge me once. But.. let me get past that….

as a half welsh household it was a bittersweet night, good game overall though.
Fuck me is that in character for the bloke....

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Fuck me is that in character for the bloke....
I should elaborate. He held the position at front of line and then encouraged the 7 others who weren’t in the line, to come up to the front and order.

i just remember staring at the back of the head wondering why this prick who wouldn’t acknowledge me looked so familiar, and then it clocked.. yes I hold a grudge about it… my wife has told me many times

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I particularly enjoy how you have shared the story a few times now, whenever the topic of Damon Murphy comes up. Genuinely makes me laugh every time! I can so clearly picture it - feels very on brand haha.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Tonight was a really fun experience to take in first hand. Great atmosphere, good fun game, lots of happy fans, excellent initiative to allow us fans on the field at the end. A+ execution from all involved.

Initiatives like this that can help win back old fans and win over new ones. I was sitting next to a couple about my age (late 30s) - Australian guy with his Welsh wife. He said he was a league fan and hadn’t attended a rugby match before, but was super impressed and had a blast of a night.

Sword of Justice

Phil Hardcastle (33)
He called the forward pass because it was. By a mile. He also called that a Reds penalty shouldn’t have been awarded because the forward wasn’t supporting his own body weight. Because he wasn’t. It was a great game though but Wales would have been robbed if the Reds had won. Reds have plenty of depth. How many more Rebels will they get?
Nah he’s a wet sock mate. The pass probably was forward but five Welsh players standing right next to it didn’t complain and that seal off by Gibbon gets a penalty about 50% of the time. He’s just depressing to listen to. Probably something about NSW not getting all the rebels they wanted.

Mr Pilfer

Jim Clark (26)
Great game to watch, should be more of it.

Also great to see JOC (James O'Connor) back and playing well. Would be nice if there were some more games (above club level) for him to further show his credentials