• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Wales, Suncorp Stadium - 19/7

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
They went to the same school so Werchon really is a mini Tate.

He just needs to sort out the dummy spit when calls go against us. There were a few times where he kicked the ball away or threw it on the ground where I thought he risked getting pinged further
Nothing worse than any other frustrated halfback in my eyes.

Be interesting to see whether he's the preferred #21 next year - I reckon he's done enough to leap Kalani.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Nothing worse than any other frustrated halfback in my eyes.

Be interesting to see whether he's the preferred #21 next year - I reckon he's done enough to leap Kalani.

We have a pretty busy offseason, let's see how they go. It was fabulous last night but just 1 game.
It was a good atmosphere at the stadium and agree that JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) looked good, his passing and running (not to mention the goal kicking) was very good. I liked that halfback - my kids called him Temu Tate because of the hair resemblance.

Love it :D

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Very impressed with Brial. Plays similar to Cale but with the extra 5kg or so that many think Charlie is missing.

JOC (James O'Connor) had an excellent game. Added variety to the Reds play from the No 10 spot and didn't throw a long, forward pass to his outside backs all game. Also, I reckon he scored a legitimate try. Lost control on the way to the ground but forced it with his body simultaneously with it hitting the ground. A try every time in my book. But really the result and scoreline was secondary to the opportunity this game provided to the players.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
We have a pretty busy offseason, let's see how they go. It was fabulous last night but just 1 game.
I should've noted that I thought his showings throughout the season were, for the most part, a step-up too - particularly in comparison to Kalani's second half of the season.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Very impressed with Brial. Plays similar to Cale but with the extra 5kg or so that many think Charlie is missing.

JOC (James O'Connor) (James O'Connor) had an excellent game. Added variety to the Reds play from the No 10 spot and didn't throw a long, forward pass to his outside backs all game. Also, I reckon he scored a legitimate try. Lost control on the way to the ground but forced it with his body simultaneously with it hitting the ground. A try every time in my book. But really the result and scoreline was secondary to the opportunity this game provided to the players.
You can't use the ground to regain possession, like a cricket catch.

So he lost possession and it hit the ground before he caught it. Definition of a knock-on
Knock-on: When a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
You can't use the ground to regain possession, like a cricket catch.

So he lost possession and it hit the ground before he caught it. Definition of a knock-on
My point is that I thought he forced it simultaneously with the ball touching the ground. Certainly, if the ball hit the ground beforehand it would be a knock on but I don’t think that was the case.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Thought Uru probably did enough to earn a spot in the Wallabies squad proper. He was immense. Particularly if Wright is out.
The one thing counting against him there is that if Wright is out injured Schmidt may want to bring in another option as backup 7.

I'd have Uru ahead of Gleeson in a heartbeat though. Leota's fitness is probably a factor there too, but with another match against Tonga next week Uru gets another chance to push his credentials.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I’ll add… wearing a number in your back doesn’t mean you played the role.

Which happens regularly in the back-row.