• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Bn1hNCdIUAArBBD.jpg

yeah, nah...

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Richard Graham is reported on twitter to be furious at the Red Card. Interesting
I cant believe he saw my red card to the coach in my lounge room.

There are some things that a coach should not be defending and a possible gouge is one of them, he should not comment until the judiciary decides.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Richard looks to be shitting bricks sitting next to Horwill. Looks like he was/is going to explode.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Who cares if it is a red card, a yellow card or a penalty? At that point in the game having 14 players didn't really matter. It definitely looks penalty-worthy and that was all the Rebels really needed. Attacking the face is weak form. Maybe its karma for the fairly questionable yellow on Higginbotham earlier in the game.

What the fuck is up with Horwill?

Is Richard Graham the new Pieter de Villiers?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Here's what the Reds said in their presser.

Scroll to about 2 mins in

Bloody hell. Horwill goes on and on about it not being a penalty etc. He needs to stop and have a look, Ed O's hand was accidentally in Higgers face. I also like the comment about it distracting from the "spectacle of running/expansive Rugby". There was one team out there looking to run and attack with imagination and multiple runners and they weren't wearing red James.

The Graham just wants to complain that they had so much ball and continuity in the Rebels 22 but didn't get the reward. Apparently because the Rebels just offended. Nothing to do with a total lack of group attack, that everything was done by individuals. How many passes went behind the man or to ground. How many balls dropped. Not to mention the truly outstanding Rebels defence (even though not much was asked of them in terms of realignment or multiple runners).

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
That interview really smacks of 2 men beaten by their own inability trying to save face by switching blame.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm gonna say outright that the Rebels deserved the win.

But the way that whole business at the end was handled really wound me up. I don't think Ed did gouge higgers but if you do what he did then you're always going to be in trouble. Fucking stupid thing to do and lost us the game. Higgers should've gone too for his headbutt. They wasted a ton of time before they established what had happened. Time that the reds really could've used at the end playing 14 on 14. Fucking dogs breakfast that was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Oh and my take on Horwill's comment was not Ed being carded but the complete failure to investigate the headbutt. That was a rubbish decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Graham must go, CLEARLY isn't instilling the right culture in the team and it is showing in everything they do, every game. QRU need to cut their losses and accept the fact that the succession plan was a fuck up. They will be able to find a coach that can do the job next year and turn a wallaby laden team into the winners they should be.

We were undoubtedly the shitter team tonight. I see absolutely no improvement on or off the field and its getting depressing.

COngrats to the rebels on their deserved win.

Status
Not open for further replies.