• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Rebels, Sat May 17 @ 7:40

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheatman

Chris McKivat (8)
Fingers in the eyes? Must be better vision on TV than at the game. Looked like he was giving a face rub after Higgers headbutt and initially wrestling on top of him.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Horwill quote 'stupid refeering decision'. Fuck you horwill,he fucking eye gouged him.

I actually don't think he did, but he had his fingers over his face - just stupid.

That didn't lose the Reds the match. Their ineptitude, lack of fitness, lack of vision, lack of break down attack, lack of commitment in attack, lack of guts, lack of desire, lack of belief, lack of defensive structures, lack of.....well, everything, did.

Well played Rebels.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
From my viewing of the incidents, Ed O'Donohue head buts Higgers at the ruck, they have a wrestle and Higgers does his McCaw special back, then Ed loses his biscuit and goes the gouge. Even if it wasn't intentially a gouge he clenches his hand across the face of Higgers from an open palm position. It is not defensible.

Higgers didn't complain about the gouge, but did about the headbutt, before the penalty was even awarded against McMahon who I thought took reasonable action and didn't throw anything just dragged Ed O off his Captain.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Even without the eye gouge I thought it was a shit decision to penalise McMahon for 3rd man. He wasn't doing a Thaiday 3rd man he was legit backing up a mate who had a player on top of them. He didn't go in looking for a fight he went in to pull Ed off his captain - the right response.

tooms

Chris McKivat (8)
Horwill quote 'stupid refeering decision'. Fuck you horwill,he fucking eye gouged him.

Horwill is just upset... To be fair to him there has been some dubious calls against the Reds this year do he's just getting angry! The Lions match? Stephen Moore's punch? I can understand players getting upset.

Having said that, the Reds played poorly and have done so since round 2 .. They have not adapted and change is needed!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I would suspect the only thing that will save OD getting a long suspension will be whether Higgers says fingers went his eyes, he will get a few weeks regardless as his hand shouldn't of been there!!

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
I must say that the Reds really didn't deserve the win. They had close to 10 minutes in the Rebels 22 (or damn close to it) and what did they do. One out runners against a set defence. Just very poor use of the ball.

The Reds defence remains very bad with the same holes still there after what is it now 14 rounds?

Can Graham's position be defended anymore? There have been no improvements throughout the season. The same failures in each game. The Reds did play with much more urgency than in previous weeks and that is the best I can say about them.

One final point Jones outplayed Horwill and Simmons combined. He MUST make the Wallabies this year.

Benaud

Tom Lawton (22)
At this stage, I'd say Horwill is 50-50 to be read out as a member of the extended squad, much less a potential starter.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
QC (Quade Cooper) AC joint isn't too bad from all reports.

It wasn't Walsh who pulled it back for the ridiculous penalty at the end it was the TMO

T

Train Without a Station

QC (Quade Cooper) AC joint isn't too bad from all reports.

It wasn't Walsh who pulled it back for the ridiculous penalty at the end it was the TMO

Walsh seemed to be reluctant as he didn't seem to be as certain as the TMO.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
If it goes to the judiciary and Ed is found guilty fair enough.

But Walsh is watching the same footage and sees nothing, yet the TMO claims he CLEARLY sees a red card offence. What happens if EOD gets off the charge? Rebels just gifted the victory on a incorrect call?

I admit when you slow it down and pause it it looks like there could be a gouge, but making real time calls in paused footage can be misleading. Higginbotham has did not claim any foul play from it and his exception was taken to actions prior.

If he's found guilty all good, but a game changing call, which Walsh clearly did not want to make but had no choice but to.
I thought it was more of a nostril gouge at real time speed, when paused it looked like eyes.

Why didn't Higgers complain straight away considering the position on the field where it occurred?

I don't know if it was the 100% correct call, but am happy to see any fingers to the face be a red card

Status
Not open for further replies.