• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
you know what Reddy!? I'm going to give you a warning. You're being a petulant twat.

This type of one-eyed trolling isn't what we want at G&GR and you're giving the rest of us QLDers a bad name. Hopefully now the S14 season is over, you'll sort yourself out. Otherwise, the mods will have to take care of it for you.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Noddy said:
you know what Reddy!? I'm going to give you a warning. You're being a petulant twat.

This type of one-eyed trolling isn't what we want at G&GR and you're giving the rest of us QLDers a bad name. Hopefully now the S14 season is over, you'll sort yourself out. Otherwise, the mods will have to take care of it for you.

Aww what a buzz kill. But I think if you start banning members for being passionate about their team you are sending out the wrong message and may as well close this site down.

You may as well ban me now, because I'm going to be just as excited for the Wallabies if they win. But anyway, please keep your posts on topic Noddy, this thread is about the Reds - don't want to give us QLDers a bad name now do you? :lmao:

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Marto never ceases to surprise me with the crazy calls he makes during the commentary. Said Ed Quirk is going to be an all time great Wallaby. Crazy; he is a good young kid, who has only proven himself at 7s level, and Pocock has a mortgage on the openside jersey for the next 3 years at least.

C

chief

Reddy! said:
Marto never ceases to surprise me with the crazy calls he makes during the commentary. Said Ed Quirk is going to be an all time great Wallaby. Crazy; he is a good young kid, who has only proven himself at 7s level, and Pocock has a mortgage on the openside jersey for the next 3 years at least.

Quirk's more of a 6 then 7.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
O really? Cheers didn't realise. Still and all... ::)

I like Houston off the back of the scrum, good hands.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
chief said:
Reddy! said:

Quirk's more of a 6 then 7.
I will back Marto to the extent that I think Quirk will be a Wallaby. Probably premature to say all time great though. The kid is a fantastic footballer.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Some pretty tense moments towards the end there but I was relieved to get the win. The guys deserved it after the rugby they have served up all season.

Agree with Ash, they really did go missing in the second half, but credit to the Highlanders as well.

In a way it might be best that the Reds didn't make the semi's, given the injury toll in the camp. Who would have thought 5th at the start of the season?

Well done Reds! :yay

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
speccy, I did mention that to my mate I was at the game with. If they somehow snuck in and had to head off the South Africa to face a rested Bulls side with even more injuries (Higgers, Hynes, possibly Genia, Lucas) it could have been very very messy.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yeah Slipper went well, as did Holmes, for his best game in the last 4 years.

But the one that really stood out in the second half was Ed Quirk. Everytime he did something he made an impact, and he was very busy to go along with it. I haven't seen the replay yet, but I'll be watching him to see if my beer hazed eyes didn't deceive me.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I also thought that Quirk had a good game, what I do like about backrowers who have played a lot of sevens is that they are very good one on one against backs.

Israel Dagg has stood up a lot of very good defenders this season & twice Quirk nailed him when Dagg had room to move.

He's very good on his feet & I'm hoping the Reds can produce a very good openside to cover the loss of Braid, there has been some very good reports on Gill also.

T

tranquility

Shatz will be far more likely to cover the 7 role on a consistent basis than Quirk as they warm the seat for Gill.

A backrow of Quirk, Gill, Shatz will eventually be the best in the country. I just did not predict they would all be playing so soon.

T

TOCC

Slipper did very i thought, i didnt get to see many scrums but from what i did see he was holding his own, additionally i thought he was quite good around the field, did some good things in defence and at the rucks

Scotty

David Codey (61)
TOCC,

I've given Schatz points in player of the match at least twice this year. He seems pretty effective to me, considering he is still very young.

T

tranquility

All three of the young backrowers are very different.

Quirk and Gill and very dynamic players. Quirk has a very good carry as your would expect from a 6 and Gill is very tenacious and impressive at the breakdown.

Shatz is the real workhorse, has a very high work rate, good carry, good tackle, good size and good at the lineout.

Slipper looked the absolute goods to me at scrum time and around the field. I hope he gets some more tutelage from Link at playing on the THS so we can eventually have him and Daley working in tandem.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Walsh also had a good game. I didn't agree with the Van sin binning but that said, cheers for letting the game flow and as a result we were treated to some good rugby.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I only had one big issue with Walsh. Shortly after the half time break we were attacking the Highlanders line, and there was an infringement, he called advantage Reds, but then must have called advantage over, even though the Reds spilled the ball in exactly the same place where the advantage was called. I really annoys me when the Refs call advantage over when there clearly was no advantage.

Reds score there off the scrum (which was pretty likely) and I think they would have pushed on to smash them by 30+. Instead we end up with deja vu and a bad call goes against us followed by a sin binning and we almost lose the game. Of course it isn't the Refs fault how the reds react to a bad call, but it was still a bad call.

T

TOCC

Scotty said:
TOCC,

I've given Schatz points in player of the match at least twice this year. He seems pretty effective to me, considering he is still very young.

pretty effective maybe, but i think its a bit far to say he is going to be the best in his position(which is what i was replying to from tranquility).. IMO his going to struggle to hold down a spot in the Reds let alone anything higher. Once Gill and Quirk mature enough, where does Shatz fit in with Higginbotham and Houston?

I hope he does prove me wrong, but like Tranqulity pointed out, his not exactly dynamic, his a Richard Brown-esque type player.

Status
Not open for further replies.