• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Lucas was so polished at school, I hope he can get some form on the board.

W

Wazimba2K

I made a mistake! The Reds are still in contention very much and quite scary to say so!

If they win with a bonus point, they got 39 points.

If the Brumbies draw, they have 38 and saders 37

If the Hurricanes draw, they have 37 and Waratahs 39!

Holy shit. The math might Favor them!

Waratahs might fuck up while the Reds step up!

Ioane better do something big!

G

Geronimo

TOCC said:
Also in regards to Lucas at fullback, i think what Link is trying to do there is create a playmaker alternative to Cooper. In the past two games against the Hurricanes and Brumbies, Cooper has been targetted in attack and defence to remove him from the game. Its worked quite well, the Reds dont have any other playmakers in the backline, they are practically all finishers.

I have this feeling that we will see Lucas playing in the defensive line with Cooper dropping to fullback. This is what we have seen in the times Lucas has made it onto the field this year and it will probably continue

R

Rugby Rat

PS.. I hate to say it but that's a strong Highlanders side and could do some serious damage to an understrength Reds.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
a big blow for the Reds.

Ed Quirk has ditched his mullet.

The battle of the mullet is now run and lost.

RIP Ed's Mullet.

BSK_4140_page_image.JPG

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Scotty said:
Yep. Highlanders would be worth a few $$ bet IMO.

Definitely, slightly worried about our scrum.

But I think the Reds have too much class around the field and I think they have shown more pride this season than the Highlanders have. In a basically dead game, I expect the Reds to finish off the season well.

So basically, as long as the Reds concentrate and keep firing for the whole 80mins, I don't see why they can't win by 30points or more.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
You're right, and on that point, no team ever plays great rugby for 80minutes. So let me rephrase that to: the Reds need to play some decent footy for the majority of the game. ie. 51mintues.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Reddy! said:
You're right, and on that point, no team ever plays great rugby for 80minutes. So let me rephrase that to: the Reds need to play some decent footy for the majority of the game. ie. 51mintues.

Errr, isn't the majority of a rugby game any longer than 40.00 minutes?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
Reddy! said:

On the basis of last week's game, I think Reddy!!!!!! is right - they needed a good 51 minutes to outscore the rampant Canes scoring rate for 29 minutes.
The Tahs may need 61 good minutes tonight.

D

Doc

RE: Tasi

Had a convo with his ex-colts coach a while back and he said that when Phil Mooney got involved in Reds etc he asked West colts who was up to it etc etc

The coach obviously wanted to push his own players, pushed Tasi and he got the spot. The coach would happily admit there were several better flankers in colts alone around the place, but you have to push your own.

I remember watching Tasi play a bit of park footy and doesn't stand out at all. Thankfully this will be a swangsong for him and the Reds can move on

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
cyclopath said:
Biffo said:
Reddy! said:

On the basis of last week's game, I think Reddy!!!!!! is right - they needed a good 51 minutes to outscore the rampant Canes scoring rate for 29 minutes.

Excellent, we now have "a game of two unequal halves".

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Noddy said:
a big blow for the Reds.

Ed Quirk has ditched his mullet.

The battle of the mullet is now run and lost.

RIP Ed's Mullet.

BSK_4140_page_image.JPG

Nothing better than a Rangger Mullet. It will be missed by all.

T

tranquility

some might argue that he is not the best player in the U20s but none would argue that he isn't the best drinker.

The next Stan Pilecki !!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Biffo said:
Reddy! said:

Why would you humiliate me like that on this forum, a PM would have sufficed - long day at work :)

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I had presumed that the reds would be out of the running if both the tahs and saders won, but now I see that the reds need to beat the highlanders by 111 points (securing a BP) and then hope that the stormers lose with no BP to sneak into 4th place? Lets see the BBQ entertainers at work!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Biffo said:
cyclopath said:
Biffo said:
Reddy! said:

Excellent, we now have "a game of two unequal halves".
I now expect Will Genia to say " 63.75% credit to the boys for the 51 minutes they put in".

Status
Not open for further replies.