• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Anyone notice that most of our problems started when Lucas limped off. The highlanders immediately started making metres down our right-wing and made Va'aulu look very pedestrian.

Speaking of Lucas he looks like a great re-signing. He looked at home at Fullback and now cover three critical positions. From the little I saw last night Fullback seems to suit him very well.

Hynes played very well on the wing and proved he is nowhere as slow as some on this board suggested. He would be very happy to have put his wing credentials on show again just before the international season. I have heard the rumours of him leaving but I for one am crossing my fingers in the hope he will stay.

Anyone have any thoughts on keeping Radiki Samo around next year. I never realised what a big unit he is until I saw him beside Van Humphries. A big fast second rower is not a bad thing to have around. But he definitely needs a haircut. As my daughter said when she saw it "It's Radikilous"

I'm thinking Leroy Houston doesn't get nearly enough credit for the work he does it is very head down bum up stuff. I know he can do a lot more visible stuff but I think with Higginbotham and Braid he was doing exactly what was needed.

I was very worried about Anthony Fianga's absence but was very pleasantly surprised at young Ben Tapuai's efforts. He did not look out of place and if that was his debut it's one he should be pretty happy with.

Laufutu played his best game in red and Ed Quirk looked the goods.

Finally Sean Hardman had one of his better games he got through a ton of work and in his 148 game still travelled pretty well. wouldn't it have been great to go on to the ground and get a bit closer than 100 metres away to show our appreciation. I really don't understand the mentality of whoever it is that is keeping us off the field. what do they think we are going to do to it? It has just had 31 guys run between 5 and 15 Klms on it in studs and they think me walking on it in sandshoes is somehow going to wreck it? What is the go? Surely a special occasion should make a difference.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
great post Sully, I agree with every bit of it. I was thinking in the game whether the Landers had a plan B that was implemented as soon as Brando came on the field.

In the progression of former HArdy team mates, who was the last guy before the stage? Next to Crofty below.

CCSY7892.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
looks like him, but he's hardly a Reds legend (just a couple of games if that?) and I think beige suit man is a bit older.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
My brother just took a look at it before reading any of the posts and also said it was Rudi.

T

TOCC

Sully, the reason you arent allowed onto the field is actually due to insurance reasons, a few years ago at Ballymore a fan broke his arm when he tripped over the barrier running onto the field, it was almost a law suit case and it was banned after that. Similar issues have happened at other grounds around the traps, hence the banning.

Some places like the Gabba however still do allow it for AFL games, so it is possible, its just a nuisance i suppose for organisers.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
My guess would be the stadium, I would rather have teeth pulled than deal with the management at times. But I have no facts to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.