• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders, Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
mark_s said:
I had presumed that the reds would be out of the running if both the tahs and saders won, but now I see that the reds need to beat the highlanders by 111 points (securing a BP) and then hope that the stormers lose with no BP to sneak into 4th place? Lets see the BBQ entertainers at work!

How bout Reds just win by 60 and stormers lose by 52... im still praying

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Not sure what the number is but hope there is a good crowd tonight, to farewell what has been an unexpectedly great season.

One more time please Reds!

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Bonus point win tonight means we come fifth, and have beaten 3 out of 4 of the finalists, only losing to NSW by a couple of points. I'm happy.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
AussieDominance said:
Great season - yet you don't make the finals?

I went up to watch gthe brumbeis red game last year even though I am a tahs fan. Trust me this has been a great season for the reds compared to the dross of the last 5 years or so.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Ioane just scored the greatest try of Super 14 history. Hynes found the gap, to Chambers and then to Ioane on the inside, nice kick Quade!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Nice try by digby, why is ben tapuai wearing a scrum cap i swear hes never worn one before when ive seen him

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Really? I think he wore one at the u/20 WC last year if I recall. Anyway, seems like he is being included in alot of the play which is good to see.

Try to Samo! Quade is a master at the long pass.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Un-bloody-believable. Another dominant first half blown, another yellow card and loads more injuries. Somehow they keep losing the lead and drag it back. Messy but entertaining game. My nerves are shot.

Good thing the season is over for the Reds as their injury toll is probably reaching devastating levels. Fabulous season to finish fifth and one spot from the finals - and this from a team a lot expected to finish last.

As a Reds supporter I am happy with that season.

Anyone catch the crowd size?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Reddy! said:
Holy smokes, Will Genia has the biggest triceps in world rugby, far out!
That's a tailgunner type of comment.

Nice game. Jeez one bonus point shy for the Reds and the ywould have been in the semis.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
Fuck me Dead!!! YEHHH!!!! :yay Best game of the season with out a doubt. If you don't think so, you are obviously a Waratahs supporter so please don't post on this thread.

The Reds deserve a fucking medal for this season, best Super 14 season I have ever watched. Pity about the injury toll. Hope it doesn't effect Wallaby selection.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
No.

Saders
Cheifs
Bulls were the best.

Reds fell away which was dissipointing. I am just happy they got the win.

Congratulations Reds for a great year. You have done your true fans proud.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Ash said:
Un-bloody-believable. Another dominant first half blown, another yellow card and loads more injuries. Somehow they keep losing the lead and drag it back. Messy but entertaining game. My nerves are shot.

Good thing the season is over for the Reds as their injury toll is probably reaching devastating levels. Fabulous season to finish fifth and one spot from the finals - and this from a team a lot expected to finish last.

As a Reds supporter I am happy with that season.

Anyone catch the crowd size?

Well said Ash. :thumb

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Reddy yeh he did wear it in a couple of the games in the JWC but not the others. He didn't wear it the other week when he came on or when he was at TSS.

Ben lucas looked pretty good at 15/10 in the JOC (James O'Connor) role until he got injured, thought that bringing on kingi was stupid and I was surprised the reds won in the end as they were making so many mistakes.

Quade made some of the best offloads that ive ever seen and the near try for lucas was insane play from quade and willy g

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blue said:
[
Nice game. Jeez one bonus point shy for the Reds and the ywould have been in the semis.

I almost threw a bottle through the TV when the Stormers went over for that last gasp try against the Sharks to get the bonus point for finishing within 7!! Had visions of us sneaking into the finals that way, as I was backing the Bulls to give them a touch up (as they still could well do).

Still, a mighty season for the boys, and I think we would have been rooted even if we got in to 4th, given the injury toll over the last few weeks.

D

derak

Bit of a crack up, walking through the city, I see Ian Smith, and that other touchie, as well as Matt Goddard, all heading to the bar. Steve Walsh appears to not have been invited, or he's keeping to his promise.

Status
Not open for further replies.