• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Canes. Wellington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
A few rucks later Canes in the corner. Reds gone.

Reds should've put them away in the first half and have done themselves in. But fuck. Brce Lawrence has been awful for them

D

daz

Fuck. I'm in the office sneaking peaks at the forum and foxsports for updates.

At least my tv is safe this week....no bottles to throw at it!

Come ON Reds! You are turning me grey.....

Is Lawrence worthy of a fatwah if the Reds lose???

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Canes score again. Higgenbottham was held in a scrum allowing Weepu to run and set up another try

Reds have imploded but they have had all sorts of help from the ref. Bryce Lawrence is sill an awful ref

44 to 21 now

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Genia showing real frustration and passion. Shocker tonight, its been a shocker.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Genia looks devastated as they botch a quick tap.

Canes run from their own tryline and lose it on the 22

Hardman smashed and loses it. Reds won't even get a bonus point as Hardman throws in worse than I could

Reds turned into a farce in the last 15 but you can bet Lawrence will get plenty of hate mail from Brisbane. Reply thouh he Reds should've risen above he ref and blew a great lead

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds blow a game winning first half

and the game finishes on Nonu tackling Lucas and not releasing but he gets the penalty. Didn't anyone tell Bryce that that was changed ?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Ash said:
Reds turned into a farce in the last 15 but you can bet Lawrence will get plenty of hate mail from Brisbane. Reply thouh he Reds should've risen above he ref and blew a great lead
Thats sound better. ;) I knew the Canes will be up to it at some stage.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Could Lawrence have been any more one eyed
I hate that a ref can have such a significant effect on our game

Fuck you Lawrence

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well...that was disasppointing. Like most I thought the ref had a shocker, but at the end of the day the Reds imploded.

Things just fell apart from the time Shaw was sent to the bin, and they never recovered any composure.

All we can really hope for now is that they finish the season off strongly next week.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sorry for my typiv by the way was trying to do I quickly on an iPhone. Bloody hard with fat fingers

Yeah the Reds just blew themselves up in the second half andawrence was more then happy to assist

B

brokendown gunfighter

Jeez,you cant blame the ref for the Reds second half display

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's two weeks in a row that Lawrence has favoured the Kiwi team. So much for the review mob addressing issues, only happens when its an Aussie ref.

Ruined a good game of rugby, some of the Reds play in the first half was sublime.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
As much as the ref had me screaming obsecenities, the Red's defence outwide was non-existant. It honestly seemed like both teams could score from anywhere in the park and the Hurricanes took the most advantage.

C

chief

Firstly, I would like to address the question of Andrew Shaw being included, he does not deserve a spot in that team. Thanks.

Now to the real bits, my prejudice for Bryce Lawrence may have impacted this match, but something really wasn't right. It was like he was pandering to the Wellington crowd, hopefully Link addresses this.

Despite the probability that the Reds won't make the finals, I was ready for it throughout the season, and a fairly shit draw didn't play to our part either. Let's face it the Reds have played beyond everybody's expectations and they can do themselves proud, and could potentially win it come next year. Reds fans like myself, we have to remember, that we have benefitted Australian Rugby here, and I would label ourselves serious contenders for the Tri-Nations now. Having 3 teams in top half of the Super 14, with the Force having a good end to the season.

So, for us Reds fans, let's look at the positives, and realize, that the Reds have bought Rugby back in QLD, and marvel at the fact, that the Wallabies are true fucking contenders in the Tri-Nations. Here's to next fucken year. And lastly well done to Ewen McKenzie and also Phil Mooney, you selected a team that has the possibility of making the Super 14 next year.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Fucking shattered. :'(

I really feel for Will Genia. He looked a broken man at the end.

Lawrence was fucking woeful. :angryfire: I have had a gutful of refs cowardly favouring the home team.

None the less, we must pick ourselves up and finish the season next week in style.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
As a South African by birth I take exception to all this complaining about the ref by Australians. It s my God given birth right.

Give it back you bastards.

PS two facts:

1. Lawrence should get the sack
2. Reds would have lost with any ref on the park. They forgot to tackle and the forwrds got man slapped.

Status
Not open for further replies.