• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Brumbies Rnd 16 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hunt kicks to 15m from the Brumbies line with 3 to go, Reds down by 3. I like the option, but the Brumbies maul has been huge. Then they muck up and the Reds kill it.

Really looked like a few Reds snuck around the side there.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Nope, replay showed that Reds just got a better shove on.

1 minute 40, scrum to pack 15m from the Brumbies line.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Perese 5m out from an inside ball, cynical play from the Brumbies, penalty Reds.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Cooper kicks it.

That's the game, folks. Reds with an upset in a shite game.

Well done Simmons.

A game neither team deserved to win, but the Reds did it.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
U know what. I love the perise kid. The u20 world cup. He has been so good and just won the reds this game

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Very smart play by Perese there.

Well done Reds.

Now that this crap is done, we can watch some Rugby.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
This was the first game I've seen in a long time (few games in Link era) that the Reds actually looked more dangerous running the ball than the Brumbies.

Reactions: mst

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
Not sure how Smith can be offside when Perese throws the pop pass into him 'the tackler' before the ruck is formed.

Well played reds, Duncan P looked really good that game.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Good game from the Reds towards the end with game management. Compare Hunt's kick ahead vs Cubelli trying for a quick lineout instead of winding down the clock then the debacle that followed that with the pass to no one.

Balls from Perese with that kick from the in goal instead of forcing it for a 22 and then the run at the end to set up the penalty.

A few injury problems for the Brumbies too with Toua and Alcock looking doubtful for next week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Despite the close score line the Brumbies just seemed in control and didn't look like losing.......... and then all of a sudden they hit the off switch.

I don't know what Cubelli and Kuridrani were thinking with the unnecessary quick lineout and following no look cut out pass.

Reds deserved that in the end.

I just wish they'd played Moore for the full 80..........

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
God help Australian Rugby if Stephen Larkham is the to be a fulltime assistant coach to the Wallabies, let alone the heir apparent to Cheika.

Let him go get a coaching role away from the Brumbies where he has to stand on his own two feet and prove himself and where daddy isn't the President.

Status
Not open for further replies.