• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2019

dru

David Wilson (68)
Well Reds go down at the death with a scrum steal 5m out by the Rebels.

29-26 FT

I’ve been spending a lot of time in hospital after family member had an operation- missed these last trials. Am I reading too much int the following:

Reds scrum less than Rebels
Rebels scrum less than Waratahs
Waratahs scrum less than Highlanders

Hopefully yes as that would be unexpected

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I’ve been spending a lot of time in hospital after family member had an operation- missed these last trials. Am I reading too much int the following:

Your adding 1 plus b and getting pineapple

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Kerevis management probably pushing for a big contract with cash freeing up by RA top up players moving overseas or not getting redone. Eg, "how bout swinging me the extra cash you are putting at Hunt in 2019, then I'll stay". All a standard ploy in the negotiation most likely.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pretty sure Mafi played in the trial?

he wasn't named.

Harry Hoopert
Feao Fotuaika
Ruan Smith
Gavin Luka
Brandon Paenga-Amosa
Efi Ma’afu
Lukhan Salakaia-Loto
Harry Hockings
Angus Blyth
Angus Scott-Young
Liam Wright
Caleb Timu
Adam Korczyk
Fraser McReight
Scott Higginbotham

That puts us in the shit if true. Wonder why? Was he released / told to go or asked to go?

Where do we find a back up hooker quickly?

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
Did Paenga-Amosa play the whole trial then? Mafi is still showing on the website as part of the squad. Would have thought that they would have 3 hookers in the squad but can't see a 3rd one listed.

Strewthcobber

Simon Poidevin (60)
Top rugby ended in December. Mafi played a couple of games for NTT but not finals. Last named in a team on 1/12

Is there any pro rugby on in Japan at the moment?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Did Paenga-Amosa play the whole trial then? Mafi is still showing on the website as part of the squad. Would have thought that they would have 3 hookers in the squad but can't see a 3rd one listed.

Ma'afu is the 3rd.

Alex Mafi posted in instagram about a week and a half ago that he had wrappd up his Japanese season and would be "back home to Brisbane soon".

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Haha - that’ll do it. I blame the same thing.

I didn’t watch all of the trial. From what I watched it was pretty vanilla. Nothing too expansive, some solid play, some clear work ons.

From what I saw Paia’aua was the real bright spark in attack - generating some opportunities when not much else was happening.