• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2019

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
St.George Queensland Reds v Chiefs
Friday February 8 – Ballymore Stadium at 7:00pm AEST (Gates open at 6:00pm)
  1. Feao Fotuaika – Souths
  2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
  3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
  4. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
  5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
  6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
  7. Liam Wright – Easts
  8. Scott Higginbotham – Wests
  9. Moses Sorovi – Wests
  10. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
  11. Jordan Petaia – Wests
  12. Samu Kerevi – Souths
  13. Chris Feauai-Sautia – Souths
  14. Sefa Naivalu – TBC
  15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS
  16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
  17. Harry Hoopert – Brothers
  18. Ruan Smith – GPS
  19. Angus Blyth – Bond University
  20. Caleb Timu – Souths
  21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
  22. Duncan Paia’aua – Norths
  23. Isaac Lucas – Sunnybank
  24. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
  25. Teti Tela – Souths
  26. Jack Hardy – Easts
  27. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd have thought with the Reds having a bye in the first round, that they'd put on their premier side for this trial to get combinations working, along with match fitness.
Unless Thorn sees this as his best team:confused:

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Suprised Hamish Stewart is on the list. He got pretty banged up by the Rebels last weekend, though he could ahve done with the week off?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I'd have thought with the Reds having a bye in the first round, that they'd put on their premier side for this trial to get combinations working, along with match fitness.
Unless Thorn sees this as his best team:confused:

it's basically is. JP SMith is injured (back next week) and Rodda has been asked to rest again (by RA).

Getwithme

Cyril Towers (30)
Isaac Lucas surprisingly close to making the 23 and I suspect will play some Super Rugby this year. 2 years of killing it in Premier Rugby and was very impressive in last weeks trial. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the number 23 role

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Isaac Lucas surprisingly close to making the 23 and I suspect will play some Super Rugby this year. 2 years of killing it in Premier Rugby and was very impressive in last weeks trial. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets the number 23 role

he's very good, but how would your team line up with him in 23? A big name / established player is going to miss out.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Duncan ahead as the utility back reserve I think with McGahan to come back from injury but he will be close

It’s one of those selections I find frustrating- admittedly in the complete absence of knowledge of form. But there is a trend here that suggest the style of game Thorn wants. Stewart hand made to the 10 he wants, Kerevi over DP at 12.

I’ll be watching closely but I do expect more of the sort of rugby I like to watch to come from Rebels and Waratahs - all to be proven of course.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
It’s one of those selections I find frustrating- admittedly in the complete absence of knowledge of form. But there is a trend here that suggest the style of game Thorn wants. Stewart hand made to the 10 he wants, Kerevi over DP at 12.

I’ll be watching closely but I do expect more of the sort of rugby I like to watch to come from Rebels and Waratahs - all to be proven of course.

The type of rugby I like is where we win more games than we lose.

dru

David Wilson (68)
The type of rugby I like is where we win more games than we lose.

Fair enough Sully, but it does not suit all of us. Also suspect they are not the same when measured through the turnstile. Doubt I’m the only long term Reds fan keeping a close eye on ex-Reds at other franchises.

And btw, Thorn still needs to show this bit: “Win more games than we lose.” Hope he does, but I’m not bothering crossing fingers for the Thorn style.

In the mean time, we already see calls in the media for McKay to be called in to sort out the Cheika mess. Let’s hope not.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
In the mean time, we already see calls in the media for McKay to be called in to sort out the Cheika mess. Let’s hope not.

Hopefully Jimmy's smart enough to stay away from that dumpster fire for another year. Even then, I'd only want him to be in a consultants role next year for the Wallabies. The Reds need some kind of stability for 2-3 seasons!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member