• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
there is a difference between 'being a crash baller' and playing into contact. All 12s in the modern day have to have a physical aspect to their game because that is the nature of defense.

Paia'aua isn't becoming a crash baller. He is playing 12. That's the game.

Stewart is as physical as they come and would be a very capable 12.

Out of interest Reg, how would you call Kerevi at 12 under that description? I'd also wonder at guys like Beale who while he does tackle, it's not really why they place him at 12.

Completely understand that the topic is not a polemic, interested in your thoughts.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Did we ever get alternative angles of the hit? Yellow seems pretty fair from the one awful angle I've seen a bunch of times - but I'm just a one-eyed Reds supporter.

More wondering where the shoulder made contact than anything else - the hit itself looked fine to me and it was just a winger coming around the corner and running right into the maw of a tight 5 forward. Pretty sure this has happened to everyone that's played in the backs here at least one time :p

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I assume the other angles indicated that the right arm wrapped first and made the initial impact, which is in line with a yellow

Watching the game live I remember (perhaps wrongly) there was another angle shown that did show exactly what you are talking about. But it was only shown once and never played again.
Although I'd had a few drinks watching the cricket beforehand and it was pretty late, so maybe I'm just losing my mind! :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.