• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double Agent

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hi, in regards to the 'not required' graphic, agree it was tacky when I saw it on the broadcast, and immediately thought it was a Fox Sports idea, especially as Marto chipped straight in talking about the combined number of caps missing from those four players. So have been surprised to read here the thinking that QRU must have know as it was shown on the stadium screen. This has been annoying me so tonight I sent QRU a message via Facebook asking who was responsible - apparently it wasn't them and it was Fox Sports. Here's the correspondence with them (also kudos to them for replying so quickly):

Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 10.56.20 pm.png

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Hi, in regards to the 'not required' graphic, agree it was tacky when I saw it on the broadcast, and immediately thought it was a Fox Sports idea, especially as Marto chipped straight in talking about the combined number of caps missing from those four players. So have been surprised to read here the thinking that QRU must have know as it was shown on the stadium screen. This has been annoying me so tonight I sent QRU a message via Facebook asking who was responsible - apparently it wasn't them and it was Fox Sports. Here's the correspondence with them (also kudos to them for replying so quickly):

View attachment 9814

Glad.. Stupid foxsports.. I was at the game and was like wtf

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

neilc

Bob Loudon (25)
Was Fox responsible for putting up the 'Ben Lucas' caption when Jono Lance was kicking as well?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In relation to the now infamous graphic, it seems pretty silly of the Reds to just have the Foxsports coverage running and not be on top of controlling what is shown/be ready to cut out if needed.

Foxsports clearly isn't producing content aimed primarily at the crowd in the stadium. Whilst that graphic was pretty tasteless in any situation it's not an unreasonable thing for Foxsports to be showing in their coverage and discussing (Marto in particular likes getting stuck in about that sort of thing).

It could have just as easily been something else that the Reds wouldn't really want shown to their home crowd and assuming that they would be briefed in advance seems like wishful thinking.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
In relation to the now infamous graphic, it seems pretty silly of the Reds to just have the Foxsports coverage running and not be on top of controlling what is shown/be ready to cut out if needed.

I imagine the reds generated content (or the staff responsible for it) was one of the things that went with the recent cost cutting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I imagine the reds generated content (or the staff responsible for it) was one of the things that went with the recent cost cutting.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

If Fox Sports do not understand the importance of maintaining the integrity and quality of what goes into their product, what frigging chance do we have?

Bloody impossible to control this sort of thing, unless you are part of the production team, I would have thought.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Even the SANZAAR Social Media interns are feeling the pressure:
sanzaar.jpg

I guess it's technically true. A red team played a blue team.

Reactions: vac

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good to see Thorn was ensuring the team were back to the grindstone. Papers say he personally took/led the weights session this morning

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Good to see Thorn was ensuring the team were back to the grindstone. Papers say he personally took/led the weights session this morning

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

admirable that he is involved but is he actually qualified? Does he possess the knowledge and skills to alter weights sessions to each player inclusive of any niggles that they have or have recieved on the weekend?

I am all for hard work but worry about injuries down the track

Status
Not open for further replies.