• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Ready seems to be in the doghouse for a mystery faux pas, and Latu's had a few injury woes which are taking some time to heal. Not good..
It’s not a mystery, he got on the piss when he shouldn’t have, missed ‘optional sessions’ which weren’t really optional and wasn’t training as hard as he should have been.

BPA and Mafi are both strong trainers, until Ready matches their standard he won’t get ahead of them.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
It’s not a mystery, he got on the piss when he shouldn’t have, missed ‘optional sessions’ which weren’t really optional and wasn’t training as hard as he should have been.

BPA and Mafi are both strong trainers, until Ready matches their standard he won’t get ahead of them.

I have heard from people involved in the QRU that Ready is being pushed out, and it's not due to actual performance/skill (maybe we can imply that it's because of training effort).

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
From the stories I have heard about Thorns training - I think that (poor trainers) would be his pet hate. If Higgers and Tui had been training the house down i think that would explain the clip around the ears for the penalties.

People not doing optionals - which BT used to invent for himself - would be a deal breaker in terms of BT's opinion of them.

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Stress fracture to P. James. Best rugby brain and defending 5/8 in Brisbane. Will slot into the 10 jersey in May.
Who is P. James? How will he be playing in May when he is not part of the 2018 squad?

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Ready was at the game last night and they interviewed him before the game. He said his situation is what is and he is competing to get his spot back. Anyone see K or Quade there?

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
Full disclosure, I know Ready personally so take what I say with as much or little salt as you like. As best I can tell Andrew is on the shit list (the fucking OFFICIAL shit list as it went up on the big screen last night) for reasons of perception. He was last year perceived to be drinking too much and carrying on by Stiles and Thorn...despite never once turning up to work hungover, never missing a session (other than the recovery swim that was explicitly stated as optional). To my knowledge he took his medicine and got absolutely stuck in over the off season and pre-season, and played pretty well at the 10's but the perception has stuck. He's basically been assumed to have similar problems to his good mate Frisby (i.e serious drinking and gambling issues) which he doesn't at all. His crime is nothing more than having a sort of active social life of a 20 something year old that likes a beer. No criminal past, no drug problem, no gambling, no fighting. Nothing. There seems to be a bit of guilt by association going on.

I know that he absolutely loves being a Queensland Red and will probably want to stick at it and try in vain to change the perception but my suspicion is that his fate is sealed under the teetotaling hard man now in charge. Some of his mates at the game last night commented that is was heart breaking to watch him sitting there in the team kit, screaming his head off in support of the other players while his face was thrown up on the big screen with the other exiles.

P.S Ruan Smith was also there last night wearing team kit

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would have thought anyone not in the 23 and not injured would have been in the not required department. Maybe we are reading to much into it??

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
I would have thought anyone not in the 23 and not injured would have been in the not required department. Maybe we are reading to much into it??

Mate the "not required" was Cooper, Hunt, Frisby...and Ready. How could it possibly be read any other way

T

TOCC

Who is P. James? How will he be playing in May when he is not part of the 2018 squad?

Paddy James, played fullback during for QLD Country during the NRC, pretty good player, consistent, solid and reliable..

SouthernX

Jim Lenehan (48)
Has to be one of the most classless things I’ve heard of a sports organization doing in a minute, yikes.

I don't believe it's sports organisation fault.
This is a FOXSPORTS graphic which has always been broadcasted into the stadium (without announcers commentary)

You gotta admit Andrew Ready has had an amazing fall from grace in 2017. The November previously in 2016 he was touring with the Wallabies.

I feel sorry it unfolded this way for Andrew Ready. that sucks he has to see that on the big screen but I don't believe the QRU would of purposefully thrown him under the bus like that when less then 3 weeks ago he was captaining the REDS at the Brisbane 10's and BPA hadn't yet emerged as a relevation for this REDS team.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
From the stories I have heard about Thorns training - I think that (poor trainers) would be his pet hate. If Higgers and Tui had been training the house down i think that would explain the clip around the ears for the penalties.

People not doing optionals - which BT used to invent for himself - would be a deal breaker in terms of BT's opinion of them.

Think so too. BBBT probably looks at Ready's huge gut and general allround guiltlessly corpulent disrepair with barely concealed disgust

ps my KINGDOM for a screenshot of this big screen announcement.

ASKING FOR A FRIEND.

FOR UNSPECIFIED PURPOSES.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
From what I heard nothing has changed from the warning he got last year where he, Frisby and George Smith were on the piss most nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just cannot understand the Reds as an organisation, they are in charge of the two NRC teams which are seen as feeder teams to S15 and yet they have Ready as captain?

When was it decided that he was no required? Why not let another player have a crack at captaincy for the future?

It just makes no sense to me

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't believe it's sports organisation fault.
This is a FOXSPORTS graphic which has always been broadcasted into the stadium (without announcers commentary)

You gotta admit Andrew Ready has had an amazing fall from grace in 2017. The November previously in 2016 he was touring with the Wallabies.

I feel sorry it unfolded this way for Andrew Ready. that sucks he has to see that on the big screen but I don't believe the QRU would of purposefully thrown him under the bus like that when less then 3 weeks ago he was captaining the REDS at the Brisbane 10's and BPA hadn't yet emerged as a relevation for this REDS team.

Nup. The QRU decide everything that goes ok the screen.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Thorn Press Conference.

Towards the end he did say he's unhappy that Stewart hasn't gotten on the field yet.

Also I just wanna enjoy some contact. Meanwhile, I'd just settle for some consistent officiating but some contact would be okay too.

jimmydubs

Dave Cowper (27)
Who else is curious/concerned about the BT and George Smith relationship? If George ever got on the ‘not required’ list I’d lose what little sanity I have left.

IIRC Smith came to the reds to finally put down roots and with the hope of dipping his toe into coaching once the boots finally got hung up.

Edit: especially as George is famed ‘poor trainer’

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Nup. The QRU decide everything that goes on the screen.

Very classless act by the QRU if that's the case. Maybe the old army saying's the case here: "if you have to choose between a conspiracy and a stuff up, take the stuff up every time". On one level I hope St Catastrophe of the Injuries decides to give Andrew another chance, without wishing harm to either of the other rakes. A bad cold, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.