• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Hocking and Blyth are still a bit lightweight, but probably have enough meat on their bones to get a few runs this year, Blyth plays a little like Rodda from what I've seen, and whilst Hockings runs like a lumbering giraffe he actually has very good hands, some of his catches from kick offs and quick passes are beyond the ability of the other locks in the Reds group IMO.

Those numbers on Blyth at least aren't accurate (although I'd never trust the listed high/weight of any players ever). Blyth at the trial had me thinking he was Rodda for a while because he's gotten so much bigger!

One thing that separates himself Blyth from Rodda, where Rodda is more of a battering ram, Blyth has a really nice little pop pass game going on. But he's probably not as handy around the park as Rodda.

I do think Hockings is a little more quick and more skilled than most the others (not that any of them are unskilled).

Ultimately I think anyone of those 4 (or even all of those 4) could be Wallabies. There is even the possibility that all 4 of them end up on the same Wallabies team (Tui at 6, two starting, and the other off the bench).

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
dauguno just learnt the hard way that the blues outside backs are a bit better then NRC players - and so are ITM for that matter. Going to be a steep learning curve this weekend.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think he just finding his feat... They are bigger but the kid has pace!

Our breakdown is fucking disorganised.

I love that Stewart is hungry to get to the breakdown. I don't remember the last time any aussie 10 was interested in having anything to do with the breakdown.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I think he just finding his feat. They are bigger but the kid has pace!

I love that Stewart is hungry to get to the breakdown. I don't remember the last time any aussie 10 was interested in having anything to do with the breakdown.

Agreed. What I meant by steep learning curve. Decision making and passing. Kafe - "He can catch..just can't pass"

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Clearly relevant to Reds 2018 whereas that thread is for all teams but ok. No talk about reds players based on this weekend.

T

TOCC

I would think general match day chat is more relevant in the tournament thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
I think he just finding his feat. They are bigger but the kid has pace!

Matt To'omua loved hitting them but fair play too the kid :)

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Matt To'omua loved hitting them but fair play too the kid :)

Was To'omua really a 10, I throught he was more a 12 who can play 10?
Also I really miss To'omua. Maybe Stewart can fill my To'omua hole. :p

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Was To'omua really a 10, I throught he was more a 12 who can play 10?
Also I really miss To'omua. Maybe Stewart can fill my To'omua hole. :p
I think he played his best footy at 10 we moved him but I felt he never really shone at 12 except that one northern tour..

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Ultimately I think anyone of those 4 (or even all of those 4) could be Wallabies. There is even the possibility that all 4 of them end up on the same Wallabies team (Tui at 6, two starting, and the other off the bench).

Could be just a bit over the top there Z_C. The current locks in the Wallabies are young enough (Coleman, Tui, Arnold, Carter, Simmons, Enever) to keep the likes of Blyth and Hockings out for many years. Then the likes of the other Arnold and Phillip will have precedence and after that they will be competing with Darcy Swain and Swinton (?) as those in front drop out. In my opinion both Swain and Swinton were better performers than the Reds' two at U20s level. Really can't see a situation unfolding that puts all four in the same Wallabies' team in the next 10 years or more.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Could be just a bit over the top there Z_C. The current locks in the Wallabies are young enough (Coleman, Tui, Arnold, Carter, Simmons, Enever) to keep the likes of Blyth and Hockings out for many years. Then the likes of the other Arnold and Phillip will have precedence and after that they will be competing with Darcy Swain and Swinton (?) as those in front drop out. In my opinion both Swain and Swinton were better performers than the Reds' two at U20s level. Really can't see a situation unfolding that puts all four in the same Wallabies' team in the next 10 years or more.
Yeah, it's over the top. Can't a guy gush about the young talent?

I'm not saying it's likely just that it's possible (0.00001%). I do think Blyth and Hockings have the potential to be Wallabies.

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
I have a feeling we're on for a long season....

Once again a stupid penalty costs us the bloody game.

Kerevi needs to sharpen up

Rugrat

Darby Loudon (17)
With Fairfax media reporting that 75% of Quades reported 650k contract being paid by RA, And Cheika stating he was not consulted before sacking I guess we can safely say that Brad Thorn doesn’t go by the theory that he needs RA support and he is his own man as a coach. So much for learning lessons from NZ around centralised contracting.

Reactions: dru

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
anyone see this?

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/brisbane-pushing-for-boutique-football-stadium-20180207-p4yznn

Brisbane Roar managing director David Pourre believes the opportunity is ripe to ensure the bid leaves behind a legacy in the form of a boutique stadium for men's and women's football if successful - an idea with tentative FFA support.

A-League chief Greg O'Rourke said this week it clear some teams were playing in stadia that were "too big" for them, with the Roar - who have an average attendance of 8,993 this season in the 52,500-seat Suncorp Stadium - a perfect example.

he problem is there are no alternatives in Brisbane.

Ballymore Stadium is old and decaying and would need significant investment to bring the 18,000-seat arena up to standard for A-League and W-League matches, while a rebuild of Perry Park has been discussed in previous years.

Status
Not open for further replies.