• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
My Odds not in order: (and a bit of fun in these dire times)

Stiles 2-1
Blackadder 20-1 (shame , he was my first preference)
MOC 8-1
Taylor 4-1 (shame, he was my second preference)
Mulvihill 100-1
Lancaster 15-1
Fisher 8-1
Foley 200-1
Richard Graham 1000-1
A. Random ? 50-1

Who the fuck is A Random?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I get sad everytime I see that name mentioned as a possible coach or even board member as some suggest. Let's stop flogging that horse, the poor thing was dead years ago.

The ten Queensland Rugby Football Union commandments number 4:
Thou shalt not speak ill of Ewen McKenzie nor shall not dismiss him as a candidate for the HC/CEO job
;)

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
The ten Queensland Rugby Football Union commandments number 4:
Thou shalt not speak ill of Ewen McKenzie nor shall not dismiss him as a candidate for the HC/CEO job
;)

I am more than happy for people to discuss McKenzie - style, strengths, weakness (yes, there were some!!!). But holding out hopes for his return and the subsequent immediate success this will apparently bring when there is absolutely no evidence he has any desire to return is getting old.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am more than happy for people to discuss McKenzie - style, strengths, weakness (yes, there were some!!!). But holding out hopes for his return and the subsequent immediate success this will apparently bring when there is absolutely no evidence he has any desire to return is getting old.

It was meant for a laugh, but fair points anyway

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
If they plan to announce on Monday, when the Cru may still be in play - it isnt Blackadder.

A Monday announcement would be great. They need to call it and get the preseason planning stamped with the flavour of the new HC.

Why would this be an issue. His contract is up and they have signed a coach for next year. I fear he will be off to Bath where he will do a great job and be in line for an international gig in four years time.

Also doubt Fisher is in the mix if he said he's not. Integrity seems to be something he values.

Disappointing that there are no really good candidates outside these two. Everyone else is a development coach, unless Lancaster is in the mix.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Why would this be an issue. His contract is up and they have signed a coach for next year. I fear he will be off to Bath where he will do a great job and be in line for an international gig in four years time.

Also doubt Fisher is in the mix if he said he's not. Integrity seems to be something he values.

Disappointing that there are no really good candidates outside these two. Everyone else is a development coach, unless Lancaster is in the mix.

I think it would at least be polite to the Cru fans for the resulting chat to wait until they are done.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Going by your logic they are being rude to Blackadder for announcing his replacement before he's going, I don't think this is the case. He is a favourite son of Christchurch so they wont care where he goes, all they want is the title. Also the Cru might be out by Monday, a Lions team who are rested at home may be a challenge to far according to many.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Yes they may be out. I get your point that Blackadder leaving is not news. But I also think that a media release that has him answering "next club" questions would simply not be welcome while fighting finals. I also suspect that he would be looking past this weekend.

But possibly its not something we will agree on. I would howver find it poor at the Reds if they did this during Blackadder fighting finals.

Its probably irrelevant. I doubt much that he has a great deal of interest in Australia (though I would be very pleasantly surprised to be wrong.)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So now its down to (presumably):
Stiles
O'Connor
Lancaster
Mulvihill
Matt Taylor

In order of my personal preference:

1. Taylor
2. Lancaster
3. Mulvihill
4. Stiles
5. O'Connor

dru

David Wilson (68)
Out of interest, why is Mulvihill ahead of Stiles? Or MOC?

I just dont know much about him, but in digging into the info I could find he felt like a long shot.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Out of interest, why is Mulvihill ahead of Stiles? Or MOC?

I just dont know much about him, but in digging into the info I could find he felt like a long shot.

Stiles isn't good at coaching anything at top level other than set piece & MOC is terrible at everything with attack & defence. Mulvihill is an unknown

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
I doubt much that [Blackadder] has a great deal of interest in Australia (though I would be very pleasantly surprised to be wrong.)

I doubt very much that Blackadder would ever coach a Super Rugby side other than the Crusaders. Cut him & he'll bleed Red & Black (same as one R Deans but that's another story). Anyways, word on the street is that both Toddy & Matson are off to Bath. Wouldn't be surprised to see Todd back in the Scotland setup after Vern Cotter heads back to NZ post being B&I Lions AC next year. Not sure where Matson's future lies, maybe he & TB will be a package deal for a while yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.