• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Matt O'Connor - Anyone who think the Reds admin has done a 180 is about to be let down....

...please be wrong....

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Plenty of top coaches world wide have come from the teaching profession, I.e. Sir Henry Graham from NZL.

I know some people say that Graham Henry wears his face upside down, but I wasn't aware that he had swapped his given and sur names around to get knighted.:)

dru

David Wilson (68)
Blackadder

If they plan to announce on Monday, when the Cru may still be in play - it isnt Blackadder.

A Monday announcement would be great. They need to call it and get the preseason planning stamped with the flavour of the new HC.

Mr Tank

Herbert Moran (7)
This from today's Australian - for some reason I can no longer find the article.

Meanwhile, former Brumbies coach Laurie Fisher has insisted he is not a contender for the Reds coaching job. “I pulled out of the running some time ago when the process became so long and drawn out,” said Fisher, who is now coaching at Gloucester.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd like Fisher to get the gig.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch out for twitter on Sunday night / Monday morning as I doubt Gloucester will announce Fisher's departure after the Reds announcement if its him; especially being one month out from the season opener.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
My Odds not in order: (and a bit of fun in these dire times)

Stiles 2-1
Blackadder 20-1 (shame , he was my first preference)
MOC 8-1
Taylor 4-1 (shame, he was my second preference)
Mulvihill 100-1
Lancaster 15-1
Fisher 8-1
Foley 200-1
Richard Graham 1000-1
A. Random ? 50-1

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Fixed. ;)

Stiles 2-1
MOC 8-1
Mulvihill 100-1
Lancaster 15-1
Fisher 8-1 (reports are Fisher said he withdrew)
Foley 200-1
Richard Graham 1000-1
A. Random ? S Larkham 50-1 (still yet to sign Brumbies contract for 2017)

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

Stiles 2-1
MOC 8-1
Mulvihill 100-1
Lancaster 15-1
Fisher 8-1
Foley 200-1
Richard Graham 1000-1
A. Random ? 50-1

sadly in reality RG would be a lot closer to 50-1

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope it is Fisher, I would prefer Blackadder but cannot see why he would accept an offer at the Reds.

I fear it will be Stiles or MOC and they will be announced as having a 1 year contract with KPIs that need to be met and we will have 2014-2015 all over again.

I have great concerns that this thread will become very negative on Monday regarding the coach rather than celebrating a turning point in our teams fortunes.

Any chance QC (Quade Cooper) will sign on Monday as well as the coach?

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)

Stiles 2-1
MOC 8-1
Mulvihill 100-1
Lancaster 15-1
Fisher 8-1
Foley 200-1
Richard Graham 1000-1
A. Random ? 50-1

What would be equally enlivening - and maybe equally enlightening - is for us to place alongside these odds another category of odds, namely

- odds that this HC candidate will get the Reds into S18 2018 Finals (namely, massive improvement in Reds' w-l fortunes in under 2 full seasons)

- odds that this HC will enhance Reds' average home crowd to 30,000+ by late 2018 (as a proxy for essential QRU financial health improvement)

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
What would be equally enlivening - and maybe equally enlightening - is for us to place alongside these odds another category of odds, namely

- odds that this HC candidate will get the Reds into S18 2018 Finals (namely, massive improvement in Reds' w-l fortunes in under 2 full seasons)

- odds that this HC will enhance Reds' average home crowd to 30,000+ by late 2018 (as a proxy for essential QRU financial health improvement)

Good call but one would think the new HC is an essential factor in achieving those scenarios

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)

30000+ has a lot to do with marketing and price of memberships or on the day sales.

Results will help massively but re not the only factor.

Status
Not open for further replies.