• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterboyrugby

Herbert Moran (7)
What are the facts?
his supporters biggest theme is he doesn't fuck up nearly as much as most people think.

By all means keep picking a 10 who doesn't really fuck up that often.
But tell me,next time the game is on the line,who wants Jake to have the ball?
We know he doesn't want it!

The thing that baffles me is he does stuff up... alot. The Rebels game was better, but if you go back and watch the tape from the Tahs and Force games: multiple turnovers, poor kicks, dropped ball, poor passing, bad decision making.

In defence he gives alot of effort, but 8/10 it is ineffective, he drops off. McMahon ran through him like he was invisible a phase before the Placid try. To compensate for this sometimes he shoots out of the line to try make a spot tackle, the Tahs exploited this a couple of times.

There is enough evidence on tape to sentence this guy to 5 years in club rugby or at least a couple more seasons based on the basics alone let alone lack of playmaking instincts. He hasn't created a linebreak for anyone in 3 Super Rugby games and 2 trial games.

The talk is he's young and needs time, I agree he deserves a decent shot but my prediction is this is the ceiling already. He had a free ride in NRC and City could and would win despite him. He could have an off night and it wouldn't matter, now it does and you can't hide a 10 anymore.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...t/news-story/b9b4068b02be7b74501c752bdd69dd0e

From the Australian with the Gospel according to St Mark Ella.

I am not sure if it is irony but the suggestion about the next Red's coach must have been the words that justified Richard Graham's move from Perth.

I think they should also look at the man opposing them tonight, Melbourne Rebels coach Tony McGahan. and

The ARU will never know if McGahan is a potential Wallabies coach by his work with a virtual development team in Melbourne, but he could prove himself at a rejuvenated Reds.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
Mark Ella was was pitching McGahan for the Red's coaching vacancy and then as a contender with Larkham post Chieka.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
I spent a bit of time going back over our attacking phases, took notes only for the first half.

There's your problem? I specifically referenced his improvement as the game progressed, peaking between 60-75 minute marks.

If he could have taken a leaf from Karmichael Hunt's book about engaging the line in the first half we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dru

Tim Horan (67)
was the number of times Jake Mac was at first receiver ever really a question? Surely we aren't judging a 10 by the number of times he receives the ball at first receiver? It must be his effectiveness.

And to that end, I think its difficult to argue that Jake has been effective.

Reg, I thought what I had seen was minimising the teams exposure to an inexperienced 10 by keeping himg him largely un-engaged. As I said, the perception was wrong.

How do you judge a 10's effectiveness?

Mostly his kicking was good, glimpses of excellent. Ball running gave next to no meters past the advantage line, and I dont think Ant and Karevi ever found themselves in a hole. On the contrary there were several hospital passes.

He showed a nice long cut out pass that needs communication, not his issue I think, but their were several drop balls from these passes.

Hunt found holes, but I cant remember this being from MacIntyre work.

EDIT: another of my percerptions is that he is not commiting to tackles like he had been. Personally I dont mind this, a 10 should be protected and I suspect it is a coached call. They have him concentrating on his core role, but what was a strength is now being seen less.

The reality is a 10's effectiveness should be judged by the coach and be based on how well implented the game plan is. I suspect the answer there is pretty good, but impossible to really know. Any novice 10 at this level will need time to build. The choices are simple, Greene or MacIntyre.

We have NOT imo seen any demonstration from Greene due to selections. As a fan its disappointing, but that in itself doesnt mean that the coaches have not made the best decission.

In the mean time 10 is an obvious and clear weakness in a team that has quite a few.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought the Reds were much better, but the good structure they showed early fell away for too long.

Nice to see their backs actually trying to create space by movement, but the more I see CFS, the more i think the Reds could do\must do better

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Sef was poor - big moment and he didn't hit a pass mark. He is young and will be much better for the pasting.

Personally, I'd stick with him over Daley

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I have a question about Reds tickets I'm hoping someone can shed some light on. I just went to book some tickets for this weekend's match against the Blues and was surprised to find so few seats available in the Platinum section on Ticketek (given recent attendance figures). Then out of interest I checked several other games, going all the way out to the end of the season, and they have very few of the good seats available, entire non-member sections of Suncorp that used to be available seem to be unavailable, especially around the halfway line like 601, 301 etc.

Now - in 2013, when the Reds were a much better side than today and stands were quite crowded with 25,000 a game, I was able to book tickets on the morning of the match and usually still get seats in those sections (albeit on the margins). I just checked my e-mail receipts and have evidence of this.

So why now, when the Reds struggle to get 15,000 people to a game and the stands are so empty that many people just book Silver tickets and then stroll into the Platinum stands at leisure on kickoff, are these seats unavailable weeks in advance?

Surely they cannot have been bought so far in advance, so who is preventing them from being released to the public and why? Any ideas? New members-only sections maybe?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Possibly keeping some sections closed to spectators to cut down on cleaning costs? No idea really. Someone smarter than I will probably have a better answer.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
601 is probably not being sold as I'm guessing they're closed off the top tier. 301 has traditionally been the hardest section to get seats in because it's right behind the players bench/tunnel the players run out of.

You could probably grab a gold ticket or silver, walk down the isle and shift across once kick off happens.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Slipper is apparently on track for 'mid season' and Gill was originally out for 4 weeks which brings him back for the Tahs in Round 5 but I tweeted the Reds last week to see if he was on track to be back for the Tahs game and they just stuck with their originally expected to miss 4 weeks line. I suspect with his injury it could be 4 weeks or 4 months.

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
Slipper is actually looking for a possible return as soon as next week or the week after. Likewise with Gill. Reds could have big inclusions for the Waratahs game. Bad news though with reports Ben Daley is out for the season with a torn pec, I really feel for the bloke he can't catch a break. Especially coming off contract at the seasons end.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
601 is probably not being sold as I'm guessing they're closed off the top tier. 301 has traditionally been the hardest section to get seats in because it's right behind the players bench/tunnel the players run out of.

You could probably grab a gold ticket or silver, walk down the isle and shift across once kick off happens.

The others in the 600-series are open (the ones away from the halfway line) so it seems they are keeping it for something. Maybe just not releasing all the tickets at once as SFR suggested. Or they've started allocating members there.

And yeah, considering I know full well even the 601 is likely to be half-empty this weekend, I'm thinking of a couple of Silver tickets... I might accidentally take a wrong turn and end up in 601. Suncorp is tricky to navigate around, after all.

T

TOCC

Slipper is actually looking for a possible return as soon as next week or the week after. Likewise with Gill. Reds could have big inclusions for the Waratahs game. Bad news though with reports Ben Daley is out for the season with a torn pec, I really feel for the bloke he can't catch a break. Especially coming off contract at the seasons end.

Jeez poor bloke, he was displaying some really good scrummaging as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.