• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

Clearly debatable. I didn't them play week in week out. But when Karmichael was 16 in year 12, he had every code in Brisbane wanting to sign him he was that good. There was talk at the time he could have made it as a basketballer as well.

Ron Archer, who was a former Australian cricketer, told me when I was young that the best sportsmen can always play a host of sports.

T

TOCC

So if this were trade week, have the Reds finished on a positive note?
If it weren't for losing Placid(future potential) I think the Reds would have finished well and truly ahead.

What i will say, in terms of marketing, crowds and sponsorship, if those two players are brought in then its definitely going to end on a positive note for the QRU compared to those players they are losing.

In
K.Hunt
JOC (James O'Connor)

Out
Davies
Shipperly
Harris
Toua
Placid

Alas, the Reds are still missing their ball running back rower.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have similar sentiment towards Mike Harris, T12.

In my opinion, he is one of the most under-rated backs in Australian Rugby. A great kicker and all round stable player, he is crucial to have on the bench in big games. Yes, he doesn't possess the flare and freakishness of a Cooper or O'Connor, but fuck he's done some good things for the Reds.

Rebels should count themselves lucky to have him and 'Cool, calm and Placid' for that matter - two big signings.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Better than Browning and Chris F'Sautia?

There's a truckload of players that bwere great at school but greater now. Browning and CFS were very good but blokes like Gill, Simmons Slipper Higgers Genia, Horwill are at the top of the big tree.

I have actually been a little disappointed with Curtis and expected him to have a bigger impact this year. However he is still quite young and that body will just get bigger. I love his agression. CFS is a great talent (as he was at schools) but injuries dogged him then and a bit now.

Whether Chris and Curtis achieve their full potential remains to be seen - but they are well poised to do so.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Scrubber, I think that Curtis has done well with the oportunities that he has been given. Yes, he is young and will improve but all the time he has played this year he has been bloody good. He impact in the Crusaders game, the one where we were handed our arses on a plate, was huge. I just wish that RG would give him a run at 8 cause I think long term that is where his future will be.

As to CFS, I think that his move to 13 needs to happen so that he gets the experience. I think the problem that CFS has is everyone elses expectations and not knowing exactly where he fits at the moment. That and his hammies but hopefully they will get that sorted sooner rather than later.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Higgers didn't even play rugby at school from memory. He was a year under me and was playing soccer I believe. Might have played in year 12 but im not so sure.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Higgers didn't even play rugby at school from memory. He was a year under me and was playing soccer I believe. Might have played in year 12 but im not so sure.

Mate I believe he played Thirds in Year 12 and soccer before that. Something about a late blossomererer

Reactions: BDA
T

TOCC

I have actually been a little disappointed with Curtis and expected him to have a bigger impact this year. However he is still quite young and that body will just get bigger. I love his agression. CFS is a great talent (as he was at schools) but injuries dogged him then and a bit now.

Whether Chris and Curtis achieve their full potential remains to be seen - but they are well poised to do so.

Guys like Ben McCalman and Palu didnt even make their Super Rugby debut until they were 22/23, Browning is still only 20years old and still has a lot of physical development to go.

T

Train Without a Station

I've been impressed with Browning. But I wasn't predicting he'd be a first choice starter this season like others did. He's performed very well as an injury replacement and should be a first choice starter in 2013.

T

tranquility

Browning has been a real shining light. He is so young, and is already extremely physical in such a combative position. Easily more physical than Jake or Ed unfortunately.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
What are the chances of JOC (James O'Connor) playing 12? Assuming we get Hunt as well it seems like a good option. If Hunt is not there JOC (James O'Connor) nearly has to play 15.

Tapuai is mainly being used as a 13 (incorrectly IMHO) and Harris' departure leaves a hole of sorts at 12. Would leave CFS and Turner to play wing. I'd love to see CFS given the year at 13 outside of either Taps or JOC (James O'Connor) though.

Either scenario and we have arguably a better backline than this season but depth is poor with Taulagi and Kerevi very green.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What are the chances of JOC (James O'Connor) playing 12? Assuming we get Hunt as well it seems like a good option. If Hunt is not there JOC (James O'Connor) nearly has to play 15.

Tapuai is mainly being used as a 13 (incorrectly IMHO) and Harris' departure leaves a hole of sorts at 12. Would leave CFS and Turner to play wing. I'd love to see CFS given the year at 13 outside of either Taps or JOC (James O'Connor) though.

Either scenario and we have arguably a better backline than this season but depth is poor with Taulagi and Kerevi very green.
Well RG has said in the past he sees JOC (James O'Connor) as a wing so I guess it depends on the personal available but I would expect him to be in the back 3.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For the Reds next year I'd be looking at:

9. Genia, Frisby
10. Cooper, Lucas
11. CFS
12. Tapuai, A Fainga'a
13. Kerevi, A Fainga'a
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Hunt

Turner would be the backup wing/fullback. I don't think Taulagi will play much unless there are substantial injuries again.

Whilst they were played back to front this year, I don't think Tapuai and Fainga'a are going to work out well as a centre pairing anymore mostly because I don't think Fainga'a really provides the running game you need in either centre position and Tapuai is definitely a better 12 than 13. Hopefully Kerevi kicks on quickly because he looked great against the Rebels and he's a big body who can break tackles.

CFS would be another I would look at for the 13 jersey.

Hopefully Fainga'a's calf injury is a blessing in disguise to give Tapuai and Kerevi a good crack at 12 and 13 in the last 2 and a half games.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I would have:
9. Genia/Frisby
10. Cooper/Lucas
11. Turner
12. Tapaui/Fainga'a
13. Feaui-Sautia/Kerevi
14. O'Connor
15. Hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T

tranquility

Add to the fact that it sounds as if JJT has a few (maybe more than a few) disciplinary issues, and its pretty staggering decision..

Status
Not open for further replies.