• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I rate him, but I think 'Turnstile Taulagi' needs another year in Premier Grade, so I think Hunt would be a great signing.

The following virtues are associated with these sports;

Tackling - League, Kicking - AFL, Brains - Rugby Union. We will have the perfect combination with Karmichael Hunt.

T

tranquility

I couldn't be more excited about the prospect of Hunt, I think he would be a better signing than JOC (James O'Connor). In saying that, I am wrapped with having James on board.

If we get both, we would surely have the best backline in the competition.

T

tranquility

Genooper,
Sow Tear,
Tapooahi,
Car Levy (Top Heavy) / Little Finger
Ayn Rand (Ze Brand)
Wot Khunt?

All that combined, doesn't spell much. But it does spell trouble.

T

TOCC

Why? Surely all the players leaving can't just be for JOC (James O'Connor)? There's no one they could be bringing in that would offset all $$ freed up.

Who says Karmichael even wants to play rugby union? The QRU might intend to sign him, his intentions might be elsewhere.

I hope they do sign him, however given his market value in all three codes I'm just not confident that he will sign with the Reds.

He could stay in AFL and still be worth $200-300k /year..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I dunno I was just basing this on people saying he's on the way out in AFL (i've got no idea I don't watch/follow AFL) but I also read he absolutely wants to stay in QLD. Rugby is more attractive than the NRL next year being he's played it before and there's a World Cup too.

T

Train Without a Station

As noted before, Hunt will find it harder to get game time due to the quality of youth coming through. He would certainly still be able to get around $300k/year if he stayed, wouldn't he be able to get more than that even if the Reds only offered him a contract?

I doubt he's going to want to be at best an interchange player.

It's been stated he wants to stay in SEQ so most people are making assumptions on that basis, and ruling out interstate NRL or international rugby.

The strong rumours are that Broncos are tight for cap space. In addition they have Ben Hunt, Ben Barba and Anthony Milford all signed in the positions Hunt players limiting their options. I've heard similar regarding the Titans and their space. Unless the Brisbane Lions make a play, leaves only one real option.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
As noted before, Hunt will find it harder to get game time due to the quality of youth coming through. He would certainly still be able to get around $300k/year if he stayed, wouldn't he be able to get more than that even if the Reds only offered him a contract?

I doubt he's going to want to be at best an interchange player.

It's been stated he wants to stay in SEQ so most people are making assumptions on that basis, and ruling out interstate NRL or international rugby.

The strong rumours are that Broncos are tight for cap space. In addition they have Ben Hunt, Ben Barba and Anthony Milford all signed in the positions Hunt players limiting their options. I've heard similar regarding the Titans and their space. Unless the Brisbane Lions make a play, leaves only one real option.

Bond Uni Rugby would fit him in and welcome him as well - free carpark and hamburger as incentives.

T

tranquility

There are strong rumours he has already signed. He clearly has ambitions in rugby via his past history in the sport. He has nothing left to achieve in league. I am happy to wear the egg if unfounded, but I will bet my hat he is at the Reds next season.

T

Train Without a Station

I think "clearly has ambitions in rugby" is a bit of a long bow tranquillity, as his time in Top 14 was essentially another quick cash fix before starting in the AFL.

But I'm close to as confident as you are that he will be with us. He's an ambitious guy and Super Rugby is a mountain left to climb that fits in with what he is reported to want.

T

tranquility

I know people might look at this stuff as irrelevant, but he was the best schoolboy player of the last decade in QLD. He won a comp in his year 12, these are strong emotional pulls to the sport. Winning a GPS comp is a massive thing, and not something he would laugh about now, believe that or don't believe that. He has done plenty of work with that school in Coorparoo over the years, and still clearly has an personal connection to the sport, even though he hasn't ever played it professionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.